Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:18 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 78 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:40 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:47 pm
Posts: 1884
Location: Concordia
Dylan Thomas wrote:
HORNS wrote:
If you think strong men are dangerous, wait until you have to deal with weak men.


We are dealing with weak men. We elected one president.


Heh. Whatever.

_________________
dynaco Sansui Marantz Line Magnetic Kyocera Oppo NAD Yamaha/Denon Denon/Grado Pioneer/Sumiko Sony/Nagaoka dbx Advent Klipsch/Crites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:10 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 727
Location: A grave in Ireland
He has the best weaknesses, the bigliest weaknesses, believe me. All the snowflakes who don't think so are un-American and need to get the fuck out of our country! We will make it great again through weakness, believe me. All the other presidents who tried to be weak, and it was a total disaster, they're just losers. SAD!!

Trump knows all the weakest people, they're all his best friends. Have you seen his hands?

_________________
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:15 am
Posts: 1530
Location: Los Angeles

_________________
The monster was the best friend I ever had.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:18 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:47 pm
Posts: 1884
Location: Concordia
:70's The Gong Show loser gong noise link thing:

_________________
dynaco Sansui Marantz Line Magnetic Kyocera Oppo NAD Yamaha/Denon Denon/Grado Pioneer/Sumiko Sony/Nagaoka dbx Advent Klipsch/Crites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:55 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 727
Location: A grave in Ireland
libertycaps wrote:
:70's The Gong Show loser gong noise link thing:



You're totally right, Trump should totally use that as his theme song. Very fitting and very patriotic. It would be the bigliest theme song for the bigliest loser in American history. He's the best at it, so much winning in the losing department!! No President has lost as bigly as him in such a short period of time.

Excellent suggestion man, that's your bestest post in this thread so far!

_________________
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:07 pm
Posts: 2521
Location: Shermer, IL
this is great......continue, please.

_________________
"carried on tidal rise that beckons heart
a silent wind that blows a new rebirth"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:06 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:47 pm
Posts: 1884
Location: Concordia
meh

_________________
dynaco Sansui Marantz Line Magnetic Kyocera Oppo NAD Yamaha/Denon Denon/Grado Pioneer/Sumiko Sony/Nagaoka dbx Advent Klipsch/Crites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:23 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 727
Location: A grave in Ireland
Mr Neutron wrote:
this is great......continue, please.



What's there to continue? They're still a band of clueless rebels without a cause, who make questionably relevant music and in no way are champions of "free speech" because they have nothing even remotely pertinent to say on the matter. And I'll still continue to never play shows with them, no matter how many times I'm asked.

_________________
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:47 am
Posts: 3088
Location: PDX
They got kicked out of playing at the venue where a lot of them work at and that they touted on all the podcasts they got on (Doug Stanhope's for instance); the World Famous Kenton Club. I can't get worked up too much because the stuff I've heard (have never seen them despite living in their hometown) is too bland for me, but if I edited everything dumb and insensitive out of my record collection, most of it would be gone! If you removed all the roughness and crude elements out of rock, you'd end up with a million groups that sound like Supertramp! That would fucking suck!

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/robotron_2084


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:40 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 727
Location: A grave in Ireland
I don't buy into that. I strongly believe that bands can make music that's not dumb or insensitive, and is still deeply subversive.

I don't want my music to be dumb. If I want dumb, I'd watch the president's speeches, interviews, and rallies.

_________________
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:47 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:47 am
Posts: 3088
Location: PDX
Okay, throw out all your AC/DC, Motorhead, DLR-era Van Halen, Iron Maiden, etc... out of your collection. Yeah, that would be fucking awesome.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/robotron_2084


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:54 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 727
Location: A grave in Ireland
Mr Red wrote:
Okay, throw out all your AC/DC, Motorhead, DLR-era Van Halen, Iron Maiden, etc... out of your collection. Yeah, that would be fucking awesome.


Well, I don't own any AC/DC or Van Halen, and I only really like the first two Maiden albums and the first three or four Motorhead albums (I'd have to check which I actually own). So, no big loss actually.

Aside from that, a lot of Maiden stuff isn't dumb at all, lyrically. From all accounts, Dickenson seems like a pretty intelligent man. Motorhead isn't particularly dumb either, just blunt, and Lemmy is pretty much case in point for what I mentioned earlier, a musician who very intelligently and articulately can express why he feels drawn to collect Nazi paraphernalia.

Perhaps I should clarify what I mean by "dumb" - in the case of Black Pussy, I could say something more like "ideologically challenged and confused." Clueless would be another description. I'd like to think that I don't have very much clueless music in my collection, then again, I could be totally wrong.

_________________
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:10 am
Posts: 187
Location: Mooresville, NC
Well, I previewed their new album, "Power"...kinda wanted it to be good, but... want in one hand, shit in the other. It's about as bland as rock n roll can possibly be. They are self-labeled on their Bandcamp page as "Stoner Pop"...I guess I'm just not into stoner pop? That being said, in an earlier post within this thread, I referred to their name, tongue-in-cheekily, as genius. At the time, that wasn't supposed to be taken seriously, nor is most of the stupid shit I post here, however, after seeing all the places this thread has travelled, all the opinions and ideology that have been presented...all because of a mediocre, underground rock band called Black Pussy...hmm? Kids will check them out because of that name, because they have been banned, because of their publicity...and they will even pretend to like them. In the entertainment industry, there really is no such thing as bad publicity...to get any publicity, you have to be recognized; paid attention to. I have decided that they are just not my thing, but I'm gonna dislike them because they suck...not because of their extremely sophomoric name. If you are gonna criticize a band due to their name, I'd start with Anal Cunt or Dying Fetus?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:59 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 727
Location: A grave in Ireland
Well, Seth Putnam is dead. Long live Seth Putnam.

That being said, I respect him a lot more than I respect these Black Pussy guys, because he at least puts his money where his mouth is. Obviously I'm not ideologically behind a guy who writes about "Hogging Up The Holocaust", though when asked questions about his subject matter, he can give semi-clear answers as to why he chose to write his songs. He's aware of why he's offensive, as that's his intent, and he doesn't try to weasel out of it by claiming that it's "sexy" or some such apologetic nonsense.

Basically, he's an asshole but he's not clueless. A.C. is dumb, though intentionally so, and they're self aware of their stupidity. The intent was always to be a big, dumb, offensive joke. If people were shocked and offended, then they considered this to be mission accomplished.

My problem with Black Pussy is that they lack this self awareness, and they legitimately don't seem to understand why their name would offend people. They play the victim card rather than owning up. It's "sexy" right guys???


I have no comment about Dying Fetus other than that I found them to be one of the most boring live bands I've ever seen, more boring than Opeth even, though I did manage to stay awake during their set. The most boring set I've ever seen was Misery Index, and I found a corner with a chair and took a nap during their set.

_________________
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:37 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:10 am
Posts: 187
Location: Mooresville, NC
I was ready to rally around them if they would have released something definitive and profound ... and "owned up" to their namesake, but ... well, they suck! I see your point about lacking self-awareness. I don't know them personally, but they seem to have this nonchalant ignorance about them? I could be wrong? But there is just too much good fucking music out there to give these guys this much attention. I say we kill this thread and focus on what unites us...politics aside. Like new Elder, Colour Haze, Melvins, Goatwhore, 5HJ, etc. And wtf, Europe? A Conan/Monolord tour? Why the fuck can't we get a Conan/Monolord tour in the States? Shit!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 727
Location: A grave in Ireland
Yeah man, I can't argue with any of that. I totally agree with you 100%.

_________________
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:37 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:55 pm
Posts: 629
Location: Oregon
Terata wrote:
And wtf, Europe? A Conan/Monolord tour? Why the fuck can't we get a Conan/Monolord tour in the States? Shit!

Thread derailment: Because Europe is kinder to touring bands. The visa process to get bands here without them being turned away at the door is annoying and expensive. Add flights and long drives between shows and ye olde racist nationalist uprising, and Europe probably looks like paradise for the average international touring band.

And Conan was in your neck of the woods about three weeks ago, so... half good enough?

_________________
n


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:45 pm 

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:27 am
Posts: 798
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Most appropriate BP t-shirt sighting yesterday... the drummer of Heavy Temple (an African American female) was wearing it. Well played!

_________________
Sever the limb I can't repair.
Sever the limb you can't repair.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:11 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 727
Location: A grave in Ireland
Yeah, Clay from BP had a good take on that one: "Well, if there's anyone who can wear that shirt, it's her."

_________________
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:06 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:21 am
Posts: 113
h.p. taskmaster wrote:
Theyre not the MOST misogynist ever,but yeah,sexism.Thats when five white dudes call their band Black Pussy.To think of them as some kind of crusaders for free speech feels like a cop-out.Dudes just want attention and are going about getting it in a shitty way.
To say that band is rascist and prejudice only because 5 WHITE MEN named their band Black Pussy is in fact a rascist and prejudice statement. Anyone who thinks 5 white men can't call their band "black pussy" because they are white and/or men are the ones that are being prejudice and rascist against white/men. That band has that every right. I would rather call it Black Cunt since the word cunt sounds 1 billion times hotter than pussy. Pussy is from the word pussy cat(gross) and the word looks and sounds like puss(grosser), cunt sounds way hotter, bring it back please. I think they stopped using THE C WORD when men started to call women cunt in an angry way in the 70's, those stupid cunts(those men) ruined that hot word.

_________________
cant upload pic because internet soon declares previous technology to be obsolete and i'd say fuc'it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:09 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 727
Location: A grave in Ireland
doom dom wrote:
h.p. taskmaster wrote:
Theyre not the MOST misogynist ever,but yeah,sexism.Thats when five white dudes call their band Black Pussy.To think of them as some kind of crusaders for free speech feels like a cop-out.Dudes just want attention and are going about getting it in a shitty way.
To say that band is rascist and prejudice only because 5 WHITE MEN named their band Black Pussy is in fact a rascist and prejudice statement. Anyone who thinks 5 white men can't call their band "black pussy" because they are white and/or men are the ones that are being prejudice and rascist against white/men. That band has that every right. I would rather call it Black Cunt since the word cunt sounds 1 billion times hotter than pussy. Pussy is from the word pussy cat(gross) and the word looks and sounds like puss(grosser), cunt sounds way hotter, bring it back please. I think they stopped using THE C WORD when men started to call women cunt in an angry way in the 70's, those stupid cunts(those men) ruined that hot word.


You do you, buddy....

_________________
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:48 am
Posts: 35
Location: Los Angeles
The Negro Problem got some shit for their name way back when but got a bit of a pass because Stew was a black guy, albeit one in a band with all white people playing psychedelic pop.

I’m all for naming your band something controversial providing you’re willing to face the consequences. Did Anal Cunt, S.O.D., The Mentors, G.G. Allin, The Meatmen, et al care when people were offended by what they sang, said or did? They probably enjoyed being protested and shut down on occasion.

I don’t know them, though I hear they are great guys and kick ass live. But perhaps Black Pussy might be wanting to have their cake and eat it too? Regardless of what Black Pussy COULD mean, no one names their band that without being aware that most folks will assume you are referring to the vaginas of African-American women. I don’t think it implies a negative connotation. In fact it probably implies a positive one. But it still invites controversy and if you’re not ready for that, you shouldn’t do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:01 am 

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 727
Location: A grave in Ireland
^ This is pretty spot on.

_________________
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:15 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:47 am
Posts: 3088
Location: PDX
I guess the politically correct environs of Portland was too much for this band and they all relocated to Tucson. I guess I'll never see them now.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/robotron_2084


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Black Pussy" is RACIST!! SEXIST!! OMG !!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:33 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:47 am
Posts: 3088
Location: PDX
And I guess they are doing okay business in that all five guys decided to relocate across several western states together and they have existed touring full-time the last few years. This attention isn't hurting them. Kind of like Trump, in today's environment, at least in rock, they ARE the counter-culture.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/robotron_2084


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 78 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net