Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Sold My Entire Music Collection
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:21 pm 

Some stoner did the same thing in LA over the last month. Scored a bunch of cheap stuff at Amoeba Records, from early Desert Sessions all the way to Sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:31 pm 

How much is a record store selling a Desert Sessions CD for?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:44 pm 

Toddlers generally mean the end of having nice things. You really aren't supposed to crate train them. Lols.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm 

MadJohnShaft wrote:
How much is a record store selling a Desert Sessions CD for?

$2.99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:46 pm 

That's a serious score. The best title OG Man's Ruin CDs usually go for double digits up to ~$40 on ebay when they are avail.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:59 pm 

Straight up on the Man's Ruin stuff. The best stuff cost me a lot to get.

I had to sell about 99% of my collection. About 1,000 LPs and over 12,000 CDs and a few hundred tapes. Demos, you name it... Did a lot of wheelin' on discogs and sadly had to settle for whatever I could get at used stores around the area. It was a major bummer and I'm not totally into the whole digital thing either. Still a collector at heart though I'll never have what I did again.

It was sadly a necessity after a very expensive and shitty 2nd/last arrest. Looking forward to rebuilding someday.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:30 pm 

Something supremely satisfying about quietly browsing a well organized CD and LP library before making yet another listening selection. The ritual of actually playing physical media is also quite soulful and meditative. I could even call it foreplay. Heh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:54 pm 

Evildeadjay wrote:
Straight up on the Man's Ruin stuff. The best stuff cost me a lot to get.

I had to sell about 99% of my collection. About 1,000 LPs and over 12,000 CDs and a few hundred tapes. Demos, you name it... Did a lot of wheelin' on discogs and sadly had to settle for whatever I could get at used stores around the area. It was a major bummer and I'm not totally into the whole digital thing either. Still a collector at heart though I'll never have what I did again.

It was sadly a necessity after a very expensive and shitty 2nd/last arrest. Looking forward to rebuilding someday.

You'll get it back. Once you start, you can't stop and its such a rewarding endeavor. there is nothing like it.
When I moved from Atlanta to NYC I left two milk crates of exceptional vinyl with a close friend. Original Cramps pressings and lots of early 80s punk that had a lot of value. I never went back to that city and after years passed it was all absorbed into his collection.

But now when I see a record I had, and I have to have it again (I finally got Naked Raygun's "Throb Throb" LP again the other day), when I get it its even better than when I bought it the first time because I know its good AND stimulates that "nostalgia button" in your brain. I never want to lose so many good records again, but its immensely satisfying to recapture that which I cherished.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:57 am 

This sale has made me a little sad, but I'll get over it. Do you still have all your stuff on MP3s at least?

I've been going through my CD collection ripping missing stuff to MP3s and I'm finding a couple dozen so far that I never added to my mp3 collection and probably haven't listened to for 10 years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:06 pm 

MadJohnShaft wrote:
This sale has made me a little sad, but I'll get over it. Do you still have all your stuff on MP3s at least?

I've been going through my CD collection ripping missing stuff to MP3s and I'm finding a couple dozen so far that I never added to my mp3 collection and probably haven't listened to for 10 years.

Me too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:06 pm 

MadJohnShaft wrote:

Me too.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:29 am 

Lose yr tangible music collection? Lose yr immortal soul.
Hope you are sitting pretty crammed up Satan's bunghole now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:17 pm 

libertycaps wrote:
stevehoffman website
I'm 50 but those guys are so old and musty they make me feel like a rebellious teenager.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:46 pm 

Yeah. You are a rebellious teenager for feeling like a rebellious teenager from browsing an audiodork website. Congrats. You are a fucking idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:01 pm 

libertycaps wrote:
Yeah. You are a rebellious teenager for feeling like a rebellious teenager from browsing an audiodork website. Congrats. You are a fucking idiot.

These posts where you suddenly lash out and insult people out of the blue are not conducive to forii ambience and harmony.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:11 pm 

Those old and musty guys @ SH know alot more about music and audio than yourself. Myself too. The intelligence of others always twists knickers of idiot tossers like yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:27 pm 

And letting the latest stupid behavior of the brainwashed useful idiot masses now affect yours is a recipe for regret. I'm no trendy follower. Fuck those shit heads.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:20 pm 

libertycaps wrote:
Those old and musty guys @ SH know alot more about music and audio than yourself. Myself too. The intelligence of others always twists knickers of idiot tossers like yourself.

Are you off your meds?

Your post does not make one single lick of sense.

You seem to be single-handedly responsible for driving EVERYONE away from this entire goddamn site. I have no idea why front page guy lets you run everyone off the site he links to from his front page. You are embarrassing the poor guy. He slogs his arse off with that thing. It's like a gourmet chef taking hours to painstakingly prepare some froggy little cordon bleu shit only to have Mr Creosote back here rub it all over his face and then power chunder his brains out all over the poor fuck.

Ban, then mass email the entire forum membership database, please come back you pricks, that tourettes mental wackjob is gone, then sit back and watch the place take off

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:06 pm 

Cry me a butthurt river.
#cancellibertycraps

Last edited by libertycaps on Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:19 pm 

LoL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:16 pm 

Hope you are sitting pretty crammed up Satan's digital 01010 bunghole now.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2