Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Colour Haze?
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:36 pm 

I've been getting that bad itch for some new Colour Haze as of late. This is a band who has never let me down. Nobody does the dramatic, jammy build-up thing better than them! There may be a few bands who are close (most notably from the Netherlands), but none better! I think the amazingly talented drummer, Manfred has a lot to do with that. Haven't heard too many drummers who can control the gradual intensity build-up quite like him. Of course, the talent level of all 3 members goes without saying. Been listening to a lot of She Said and To The Highest Gods We know...amazing stuff! Can't find any news on the net...anyone have any inside news? They've kept a pretty consistent 2 yr. release pattern...aside from the 4 years between All and She Said. Hopefully...?

Post subject: Re: Colour Haze?
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:55 pm 

Had some similar thoughts recently, and to be honest I'm still catching up with Highest Gods. I feel they lost their way a bit with the over-orchestrated stuff on She Said - I know Stefan was really happy to be able to put some of those arrangements together but they lost some of the clarity that underpins the intensity you wrote about. As a result I wasn't so quick off the marks to get TTHGWK and like All it's taking it's time to work its way into my grooves.

I think Elektrohasch have been busy, and there was something about studio development and also I think some or all of them had kids recently...

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:54 pm 

Quote:
Had some similar thoughts recently, and to be honest I'm still catching up with Highest Gods. I feel they lost their way a bit with the over-orchestrated stuff on She Said - I know Stefan was really happy to be able to put some of those arrangements together but they lost some of the clarity that underpins the intensity you wrote about. As a result I wasn't so quick off the marks to get TTHGWK and like All it's taking it's time to work its way into my grooves.

I think Elektrohasch have been busy, and there was something about studio development and also I think some or all of them had kids recently...

Damn kids getting in the way of making music! Kidding. I'm a father. I totally agree with She Said, but that's mostly on disc 1...mainly the title track and "Transformation". For me, the album begins with "Breath". That and "Stand In" both give me chills. TTHGWK is a grower but I really dig it now...especially "Ueberall" and the title track. Thanks for the info...cheers!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:27 am 

Well it may not be right! I'm going by a memory of things I read around the release of She Said...

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:51 am 

They are playing Psycho Las Vegas in August.

No word on a new release that I've heard.

Or other US dates....

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:13 am 

Very keen to see what the Psycho Las Vegas daily schedule looks like.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

They're not doing US dates other than Psycho. I asked. Last I heard they were rebuilding their studio (again) and doing the real-life thing as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up with a new record to surprise everything before the end of the year like they did with To the Highest Gods We Know. Would hardly be out of character.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:33 am 

...and, almost on command, they announce the new live album! Burg Herzburg was one of my favorite live albums but there are plenty of songs on this new one that weren't on that. Looking forward to hearing Periscope and the TTHGWK songs. It will have to hold us over for now...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:10 am 

I ordered the Hidden Trails LP too - it's the Hypnos 69 guys.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]