Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: The pot is now legal
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:09 pm 

But you can't legally buy it yet here in Oregon, so what are people/growers doing? Giving it away! I headed down to Hawthorne St here in Portland today and outside of a larger headshop there was a table with a bowl of weed to roll your own J. I didn't partake, but I do love the fact that it was an option. NORML was set up somewhere in town giving it away, too.

Post subject: Re: The pot is now legal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:30 am 

The new pot legislation in Oregon is in a bit of a muddle indeed. Neighbor Deadhead/pool shooting buddy has a medical card and has told me his "sponsor" will be giving him roughly 2 ounces a month. He's already told me i won't need to buy weed anymore!! :)

Many weekend warriors like myself are very confused as to what is and isn't exactly legal. Time will tell....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:47 am 

God bless America heheh

If only our state would wake up to this idea. As it is I'm faced with going to see Elder tomorrow night with NO POT. All because there's nowhere reputable to purchase it and I'm not that up for negotiating for short bags of hydroponic nightmare weed with knife-carrying teenagers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:47 am 

The Oregon Legislature just took the first step to have current Medical Marijuana dispensaries sell recreation MJ starting in October. Looks like rec stores won't be up and running until next year. I think the Medical stores will be selling it sooner. If it passes the Legislature I am confident the new Governor, Kate Brown, will sign it.
I recently found out that despite MJ being legal in Washington and Oregon, it is still a felony to cross state lines with it. How asinine is that?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:40 am 

bau wrote:
I recently found out that despite MJ being legal in Washington and Oregon, it is still a felony to cross state lines with it. How asinine is that?

You can't even bring pot over from Washington into Oregon and vice versa.

We're just in the infancy of these laws though and I wouldn't be surprised if it's completely legal in the USA by 2020. It's the next big healthcare/gay marriage type of issue. Just back in 2010, Obama got his ass handed to him in the mid-terms largely over the those two issues and now they're codified laws of the land. The Republican base is losing a million voters a year to aging/death. I kind of think 2016 is the last Presidential election where we'll see a Republican Party that we've known over the last 35 year (Reagan/Bush) and after then a bunch of changes are going to go down.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:32 pm 

Can't wait until it is completely legal in California. When it is soon I will defiinitely be smoking a fat jay out in the open ,walking down the street in broad daylight in front of police.

Already feels like it's been legal for quite some time though. I don't ever recall smoking this much ever in my life,and seems there is more of it around, and for even much cheaper now than ever before.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:42 am 

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]