Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: CHANGA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:07 pm 

The Evolution of Ayahuasca

"While Ayahuasca circles are currently the most popular form of experiencing the DMT Dimension, the future of DMT may well be contained in so-called smokable ayahuasca blends (invented in Australia) known as 'CHANGA', that includes DMT soaked in herbs and bark blends that contain MAOI inhibitors. The result is an often (though not always) gentler and somewhat more extended DMT experience, making it a perfect entry point for novice psychonauts curious about DMT. The herb-blend is easily transportable and can be rolled in joints or smoked in a bong, which also offers advantages over the often-tricky ‘volatizing’ methods that DMT smokers advocate."

A typical smoking blend would be:
30% Ayahuasca Vine
20% Mullein
20% Passionflower
20% Peppermint
5% Calendula
5% Blue Lotus

I'm still not quite sure I understand what's going on here (I don't understand why you would need an MAOI inhibitor with the ayahuasca vine if you're not digesting it). Has anybody heard of this?

I've tried Blue Lotus (nymphaea caerulea), Damiana leaf (turnera diffusa) and many others, and while they are a mild dopamine agonist (slight narcotic effects), they generally don't really do anything.

Post subject: Re: CHANGA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:31 pm 

Very interesting. Ayahuasca circles are all the rage here in Asheville, but only a few folks I know have smoked DMT - and I'm not sure in what form. I'll have to ask. After participating in a circle, confronting the worst evil and fear I've ever experienced, and vomiting copious black fluid, I think I'd rather smoke it and have a gentler experience.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:46 am 

'gentler' than vaporising straight dmt
I guess the maoi effect allows a smaller total smoked dose, and draws the gradient out somewhat, plus those chemicals have their own psychoactive effect to an extent.
It's full spectrum splendiferous pulchritude, if you like that sort of thing.

Best served in an old forest on a sunny morning.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:15 am 

I take it this is not legal....

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:13 pm 

Dylan Thomas wrote:
I take it this is not legal....

Well I don't know exactly. I guess it's a bit like salvia divinorum where the phyto-material is illegal, but you could buy the seeds and grow it yourself?
Natural DMT is in so many things like canary grass, phalaris aruninacea etc. that it shouldn't be hard to source, it's just the method of extracting the constituents that can be misleading.
I don't like the 'pharmahuasca' approach because it deals with absorbing harmala via dangerous solvents like acetone or even anti-freeze!!
The natural method of extracting smokeable material is made from heating up an alcoholic tincture and absorbing the volatile oils in fluffy herbs like mullein, raspberry leaf, epimedium officinalis (horny goat weed) and similar dried herbs.
I don't really understand much beyond that. I am out of my depth. I was just curious as to the spiritual entheogenic experience people like Terence McKenna claim it possesses.

http://realitysandwich.com/48629/changa_evolution_ayahuasca/

"So the story goes… Someone in Australia discovered that if one infused the leaves of B. Caapi with DMT naturaly extracted from Acacia trees, that it could be smoked to form a totally new and undiscovered way of creating the ayahuasca effect. People had been taking Harmala alkaloids from Syrian Rue and B. Caapi with their DMT sessions in various forms for a very long time, but this was different… This was dramatically different."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:11 pm 

A certain amount of disorientation is fun, but much too much just makes me sleepy. And killer hangovers fuckin' suck. I've got well over 70mg. of Nutmeg in the house. Don't mean i'm looking for a buzz off it....

Cheers, though. Rock on Out with yer bad self. Music is my primary sense enhancer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:49 am 

No hangover as such, afterglow like with a positive mushroom trip.
There's much more recreational potential with this than base dmt ime or aya (from other peopple's experience), but also a good point of entry to the spaces that the entheo crowd fixate on. With my worldview it doesn't feel spiritual, but it does feel spirit opening, a deep clearing breath. Think those looking to go really deep might struggle as there's just more of it to smoke than with base, but perhaps the maoi allows one to build up a dose over a few bowls. You probably need someone there to pass them to you though!

Only downsides - worry that talking about it too much will open the doors to youTube salvia idiots, and something in the mix I was given shared a certain metallic quality with salvia which pranged me out due to a strong negative association (rode it out and I was fine)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:54 pm 

Using a substance to trip balls/get high/etc. for most people (there are exceptions*) is simply your body's reaction trying to rid itself of poison.
/just sayin'

*I'll agree that Mystery Cult type belief systems can educate adepts how to navigate within this realm. But in my experience and research into this topic, psychoactive substances are a means of psychic release...more often than not, allowing other influences to drive the experience.
That's some scary shit, if you ask me. Not going there myself.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:02 pm 

Pffft, make your own myths.

...the courage to strangle fate and conceive our own destiny...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:40 pm 

Only experienced yer basic acid, X, Molly and the more common strains of wild and cultivated boomers. LSD was far and away always my fave experiences. Never had a negative time with anything, tbh. Handful of times i tried X or Molly, it was always kinda meh. Really wish clean paper was widely avail like it was in the glorious 90's. :(

Actually, it's prolly good that it ain't. Heh.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:31 pm 

I'm not doing that shit! I watched some vids of kids tripping on this (and Salvia) and I immediately tapped out. I think it may be like what K2 spice is to weed.
I'll stick with my Ales and churchwarden pipe herbs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:04 pm 

I'm interested in DMT - but I barely have a maryjane connection, so I don't see ever acquiring any.

What kind of Churchwarden you got going on ove'dey?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:20 pm 

I want to try peyote. the real way: around a fire in the desert, choking a piece down, vomiting it up, and then looking up at the stars as the cosmos swallows you. I've got about 25 kinds of cactus growing around the house, but it would be awesome to have a real peyote cactus just for the novelty of it. (They take up to ten years to grow to maturity apparently)
My old landlord told me a friend of his had a few real peyote cacti growing around his place and I could kick myself for not pressing him on getting one for me. Those little bastards are hard to find!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:13 am 

A guided peyote trip is on my Bucket List. I'll prolly end up in the SW/High Desert somewheres after i do my time for Kaiser. Mesa (for SHoD) and surrounding area felt like the top of the world to me for some strange reason. Waking up to a snow flurry visiting friends about 3 hours away one blurry morning must have done it. Very surreal and very cool.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:24 pm 

+1 on the Maiden intro xD

Jor el wrote:

I have a Hobbit rune churchwarden :)

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/126320612/hobbit-rune-smoking-pipe-personalize?ref=shop_home_feat_4

My co-worker gave me this blend and it's great.
http://poppyandsomeday.com/collections/general-front-page/products/herbal-smoking-blend

Big Silver/blue shimmering smoke rings that roll into themselves like an Ouroborous serpent and then fade away like old WWII generals.
Rankin Bass style

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:26 am 

Damocles74 wrote:
+1 on the Maiden intro xD

Jor el wrote:

I have a Hobbit rune churchwarden :)

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/126320612/hobbit-rune-smoking-pipe-personalize?ref=shop_home_feat_4

My co-worker gave me this blend and it's great.
http://poppyandsomeday.com/collections/general-front-page/products/herbal-smoking-blend

Big Silver/blue shimmering smoke rings that roll into themselves like an Ouroborous serpent and then fade away like old WWII generals.
Rankin Bass style

Ok, well that's fucking awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:07 am 

JINKIES !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:23 pm 

I guess I wasn't expecting full on Hobbitses
Nice!

I like to keep my pipes at 7"
I wouldn't mind a crazy Meerschaum Churchwarden

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]