Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 7   [ 173 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lack of board activity
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:30 pm 

Why can't we be friends?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:20 pm 

Black I don't post here or any other message board but you know how to reach me.

Welcoming attitude? Youtube comments are more welcoming than SRL. I posted in this thread because you guys over there have spent the last 4/5 days talking smack about this place and everyone who posts here. I don't know why the existence of this board bothers you guys so much and I don't understand why someone not wanting to hang out on your playground is such an affront to you. It's really childish and weird.

I made the choice not to spend time in bad company, I left because I didn't like how pissed off I was feeling all the time. I got sick of DonG talking about his rape fantasies and assaulting me and jibberish talking about murderizing me and Racer constantly bringing up a relationship I was in 10 years a go. Why would anyone stick around for that by choice? For some reason though you guys insist you chased me and everyone else who made the same choice off. If your lives need that validation more power to you. By all means tell your grand kids how we ran from the torches and pitchforks.

A lot of the old SR people and a bunch of bands don't want to post there because it's nothing but shit stirring. It's embarrassing to read at times and I sure as hell wouldn't associate with that board if I were in a serious band trying to promote myself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:11 pm 

A lot of the old SR people and a bunch of bands don't want to post there because it's nothing but shit stirring. It's embarrassing to read at times and I sure as hell wouldn't associate with that board if I were in a serious band trying to promote myself.

Shit stirring, or having fun, and letting off steam from the "real" world - its an internet board, a stoner rock one at that - how serious should a stoner rock board be?

So bands don't want to post there because of all the shenanigans? I didn't realize these bands were so well respected and so well off, they can pick and choose whom they want as fans. Probably not the type of band I'd want to listen to.

I find the place harmless, to each his own though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:15 pm 

Perhaps this could be hashed out in Jor el's Pizza Lunch Mini-Chat in the mini-chatroom.
I think he's holding court Monday-Friday around lunch time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:27 pm 

willb wrote:

Shit stirring, or having fun, and letting off steam from the "real" world - its an internet board, a stoner rock one at that - how serious should a stoner rock board be?

So bands don't want to post there because of all the shenanigans? I didn't realize these bands were so well respected and so well off, they can pick and choose whom they want as fans. Probably not the type of band I'd want to listen to.

I guess your idea of fun and letting off steam is not everybody's idea of fun and letting off steam. For example being called a cunt 20 times a day by a little Canadian cop not my idea of fun, probably a lot of fun for you. Like you said to each his/her own. All I know is what I feel and what I've been told.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:32 pm 

DG im sorry for ever being an asshole to you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:41 pm 

demon gal wrote:
willb wrote:

I guess your idea of fun and letting off steam is not everybody's idea of fun and letting off steam. For example being called a cunt 20 times a day by a little Canadian cop not my idea of fun, probably a lot of fun for you. Like you said to each his/her own. All I know is what I feel and what I've been told.

I suppose that's what happens when one decides to insult someone's family, in particular children. Usually there is some etiquette towards things like this. But hey, to each his own.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:21 pm 

demon gal wrote:
Welcoming attitude? Youtube comments are more welcoming than SRL. I posted in this thread because you guys over there have spent the last 4/5 days talking smack about this place and everyone who posts here. I don't know why the existence of this board bothers you guys so much and I don't understand why someone not wanting to hang out on your playground is such an affront to you. It's really childish and weird.

I made the choice not to spend time in bad company, I left because I didn't like how pissed off I was feeling all the time. I got sick of DonG talking about his rape fantasies and assaulting me and jibberish talking about murderizing me and Racer constantly bringing up a relationship I was in 10 years a go. Why would anyone stick around for that by choice? For some reason though you guys insist you chased me and everyone else who made the same choice off. If your lives need that validation more power to you. By all means tell your grand kids how we ran from the torches and pitchforks.

^This.

A wonderfully worded response and I probably flatter myself when I think that I could have written a similar summation. I'm only writing this post now to congratulate Demon Gal on her perfect response. I didn't write a long response of my own because... the lot of you aren't worth the time.

I lose a bet and leave. Fine. (Thanks for keeping my writing faculties well oiled for all of those years but they are now better suited on other avenues.)
Everyone was happy I left and I was relieved to be rid of it all. What I didn't expect was that there be threads with my name in the title popping up week after week. One week had three threads about me - the guy you were so glad to be rid of. My mailbox over there and my mailbox here are filling up with messages from members either bashing me or asking me to come back. Then posters start lying about why I left and saying that I was banned. So I went back a few times to clear the air and posters cried en masse to the moderators and... they banned me!

Here is a little experiment. Go do a search for "Horns" at SRL and look at the multitude of times I am talked about over there. Then pick one of the more prominent members of that lame ass infantile message board and do a search for their name over here. Yeah. Do you get it?
No one cares about your pathetic message board with thread titles like "Should I jerk off today?" or "I'm not doing work at work".

Adding all of this together: you all fail at life. We'll have much less posts over here, and all of them are good. Even the deals on kitchen cabinets.

Last edited by HORNS on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:38 pm 

Yeah. SRL.com is a load of shit....with a smelly stick in it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:30 am 

I don't know about searching HORNS but if you search MadJohnShaft on Google images you see my life's work - StonerRock in pictures! I'm famous in StonerRock since the 90's. Facebook not so much because I haven't put in the time yet.

How do you do italics on here? Italics=irony alert.

Listen to more StonerRock.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:13 am 

I ran the search on your name and your wife, Ella told me it isn't proper for anybody to call a girl a "cunt", even in jest/behind the protection of the internet message board. Rape and murder fantasies are looked down upon even more-so.

It's tough to gauge how much horror anyone might feel from a stupid/drunk online posting, so it's probably best to just respond to people online as you would face-to-face.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:06 am 

So in real life you would have contacted willb's wife?

Gotta say that's not really my style, but to each his own, they say...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:07 am 

A million, billion years ago, the dude who was in Mongrel - can't remember his name because I'm fucking old, but he was one of the founding SR.commers - disappeared off the board. He popped back up and someone asked him why he stopped posting.

Quote:
It's all the same bullshit.

So yeah, that. Love the music, love everything this unruly, ill-tempered scene has given me, love you internet jerks like you're my real-time family, but I just don't have much to say about this or that anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:10 am 

Johnny Dark quit posting due to unrequited love.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:11 am 

MadJohnShaft wrote:
Johnny Dark quit posting due to unrequited love.

Johnny Dark. Jesus fuck, that's embarrassing I couldn't remember that. His name was a goddamn verb.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:19 am 

Johnny Dark was the man.

STONER KINGS!!!!

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:29 am 

Well, half a man.

Look at all the board activity now! Who says we're never ever getting back together? I'm a gonna kiss and makeup with Libertyshak too - in case he dies first like Jam8 and haunts me at night like Jam8.

If I die, everytime you guys try to listen to fucking StonerRock that will be me, forcing your subconscious to make you think big thoughts about The Inernet past.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:32 am 

i see whats happening now. you guys are trying to get the clique back together so you all can reminisce about the back patio at the nyabinghi.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:36 am 

No, it was Jor El and priests scheme to take your woman's and Conan troutman.

Oh yeah - I forgot to type Listen to more StonerRock.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:43 am 

THERE IS NO CLIQUE!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:45 am 

shafty you were always the voice of reason for the clique. didnt you rent a van one time for emissions? what was it like driving the short bus for 1 full weekend of stonerrock?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:46 am 

THERE IS A CLIQUE... and the answer to the question that you asked earlier is jealousy.

Last edited by Demon Lung on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:07 am 

You guys want action? Follow me on twitter @therealdongulfo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:17 am 

I don't really get the here vs there thing. I post at both places, but maybe it's because I don't get involved in all the drama? Or, maybe because I don't post a lot.
Like, the stuff DG is referring to... I have no idea what any of that is.
I don't read the majority of the crap at SRL, and have zero FOMO* about it.

*It's what the kids say. I know, because Broad City did an episode about it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:00 am 

Well since I invented getting together at a StonerRock fest 14 years ago, we're all going to Psycho CA together and anyone skipping is going to get a full obelisk and SRL month worth of FOMO now and a bad LO for a month afterwards. Like after Hoverfest.

You fucking can dish but can't take it obelisk Motherfuckers should listen to more StonerRock.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 7   [ 173 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next