Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 7   [ 173 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Lack of board activity
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:51 am 

I dont hang out here much mainly because Tapatalk stopped recognizing this place on my phone.

As you were.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 am 

Yeah, Tapatalk took a shit and died awhile ago....

Just like The Fun Machine.

QOTSA!!!!!!

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:06 pm 

I don't think I am doing that Uffomamut in Chicago on 05/13 - that's the Wed before Psycho CA and four nights in a row is too much.

But - I just got airplane, hotel, venue tickets for Uffomammut in ABQ New Mexico on 05/29. See you there!

They end of the tour in Milwaukee on 06/13 (is that the Cudahy gig?) so may have another shot at them that night too.

Yes!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:12 pm 

yeah, the last night is in Cudahy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

Tapatalk's app started to require too much integration with phpBB, and I think it's just ripe for a really, really bad hack. I was fine with a little JavaScript plugin, but this thing now burrows pretty deep into the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:13 pm 

I can't believe that I just read 7 pages of this crap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:44 pm 

This is like an SR.com family reunion without all the Euro trash [current European posters are exempt from that bit of libel]. I approve. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:11 pm 

You probably read all 7 pages because you're some kind of fucking idiot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:29 pm 

Troll on, mofo. Troll on.

Isn't there a thread on the other site about Josh Homme's condom preference that you should be overseeing?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:42 pm 

That would be a step up, although I am only a participant not in management and don't get to make editorial decisions.

I'm really excited to see Uffomammut - I wonder what sized of crowd they'll pull. Bet it may be sizable since it's a once in a lifetime sort of tour (right?). Want them to make a big splash but sold out gigs are uncomfortable. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:35 am 

Good questions re: Ufomammut. I'm going to try to make it to the Chicago show.

I'm gonna need earplugs for that show. Might as well buy some jean shorts and a mini-van while I'm at it. No street cred. (Cue sad trombone)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:50 am 

The show you are attending, mjs, will have a good size crowd, but not an uncomfortable, over-sold type of scene. The venue has plenty of actual seating with good sight lines as well as the requisite dance floor in front of the stage.

heavyisthisaxe would fit in better at that show than the one in Chicago.
Not so much because of the jean shorts mini-van look, but because of Southwestern hospitality and a less aggressive class of boozed up, drug addled fans.

Street cred helps, but isn't required or always an advantage.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:33 pm 

im participating..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:09 pm 

Delusional authority can't take a damn day off? I aint losing my voice again. Fat people I swear.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:20 pm 

Disgusted myself with trolls for like five minutes today found this..., //whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

MadJohnShaft

FOCUS: +3191/-5284

subtract the two for your Focus points™

Re: Black: "At least I don't have the clap"

«   at 01:21:06 PM »

All the StonerRockers with jobs and money are on Facebook now. It's where the adults went. All the moms basement losers went to Obelisk.

shaft never fucking happened. I told them I'd never give them stock advice so they banded together with their long list of meds and losers in Pittsburgh, they can try, no one cares. I have friends around the world who are relevant.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:26 pm 

Informative thread. Signed up to SRL before knowing anything about it. Now I do.

Feel a bit sorry for the bloke on the front page slogging his guts out and his forum is a TOTAL ghost town. "Lack of board activity" in 2015 was a 7 page thread. It would take 7 years for a thread to get to 7 pages around this mofo these days

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:58 am 

Mehh that sausage fest lives forum sucks and is hardly relevant.. Haven't looked at it in a few years though, and asides from a few friends still posting there its just full of old pretentious types I wouldn't bother with. Sad most forums are like that. Just full of boring old curmudgeons.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:28 pm 

"sausage fest" is accurate. "

Too old to be an incel" message board would be a more appropriate moniker.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:27 pm 

dong ytown wrote:
All the StonerRockers with jobs and money are on Facebook now. It's where the adults went. All the moms basement losers went to Obelisk.

there could be som truth about that, millions/billions?? of users of forums world wide open a facebook channel---like "dom domr facebook" , then that becomes their personel forum until we drop or R DOOOMED.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:28 pm 

HORNS wrote:
"sausage fest" is accurate. "

Too old to be an incel" message board would be a more appropriate moniker.

LOL Too many keyboard warriors on forums now too. Trying too hard to prove their vast knowledge and towering intellects.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:41 am 

HORNS wrote:
demon gal wrote:
Welcoming attitude? Youtube comments are more welcoming than SRL. I posted in this thread because you guys over there have spent the last 4/5 days talking smack about this place and everyone who posts here. I don't know why the existence of this board bothers you guys so much and I don't understand why someone not wanting to hang out on your playground is such an affront to you. It's really childish and weird.

I made the choice not to spend time in bad company, I left because I didn't like how pissed off I was feeling all the time. I got sick of DonG talking about his rape fantasies and assaulting me and jibberish talking about murderizing me and Racer constantly bringing up a relationship I was in 10 years a go. Why would anyone stick around for that by choice? For some reason though you guys insist you chased me and everyone else who made the same choice off. If your lives need that validation more power to you. By all means tell your grand kids how we ran from the torches and pitchforks.

^This.

A wonderfully worded response and I probably flatter myself when I think that I could have written a similar summation. I'm only writing this post now to congratulate Demon Gal on her perfect response. I didn't write a long response of my own because... the lot of you aren't worth the time.

I lose a bet and leave. Fine. (Thanks for keeping my writing faculties well oiled for all of those years but they are now better suited on other avenues.)
Everyone was happy I left and I was relieved to be rid of it all. What I didn't expect was that there be threads with my name in the title popping up week after week. One week had three threads about me - the guy you were so glad to be rid of. My mailbox over there and my mailbox here are filling up with messages from members either bashing me or asking me to come back. Then posters start lying about why I left and saying that I was banned. So I went back a few times to clear the air and posters cried en masse to the moderators and... they banned me!

Here is a little experiment. Go do a search for "Horns" at SRL and look at the multitude of times I am talked about over there. Then pick one of the more prominent members of that lame ass infantile message board and do a search for their name over here. Yeah. Do you get it?
No one cares about your pathetic message board with thread titles like "Should I jerk off today?" or "I'm not doing work at work".

Adding all of this together: you all fail at life. We'll have much less posts over here, and all of them are good. Even the deals on kitchen cabinets.

Learning more about the wacky forii history between 2 deadshit internet message baords.

FML.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:11 pm 

Oh. How i can deal some dirt on the old school daze gone by. El Danno shot pool in my basement. Band(s) crashed in and later smoked crack in my livingroom, etc. Was it worth it? No. No it was not. Fuck those stupid drug addict losers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:21 pm 

...and here come all the SRL buttsniffer "Guest" noses up my ass to OCD over every post. Douchebag no life losers. Lols.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 7   [ 173 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7