Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: 'sleep vol. 1' back on vinyl...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:17 pm 

yes, it looks like vol. 1 will finally be available on vinyl again. you can preorder it at midheaven mailorder for $16. I know, I know, most of you probably already have the OP but if you don't... here is a chance to pick that up. also, if you are a Cramps fan, like myself, it looks like a lot of the older stuff is getting reissued at reasonable prices too. December is going to be an expensive month...

Post subject: Re: 'sleep vol. 1' back on vinyl...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:40 pm 

Love my ancient copy of Cramps 'Psychedelic Jungle', my favorite LP of theirs, even though 'Songs The Lord Taught Us' is essential. Don't have many of their releases after 'A Date With Elvis' so sounds like this is my chance.

Post subject: Re: 'sleep vol. 1' back on vinyl...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:50 pm 

I will have to check out 'psychedelic jungle', I don't know it well. I saw Lux and the Cramps in San Francisco during the late 80's and it blew my mind, he was doing things onstage that I had NEVER seen, he put on an incredible live show with great music. I got 'stay sick' after that and have loved that one ever since.

They are a strange band... it is like one of those bands where your friends say "I don't like the Cramps", then you tell them they probably do like them and then put on an album, and then they say "oh, I guess I DO like the Cramps!".

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]