Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:54 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 23 posts ]
 Post subject: 2014 Jimmy Page Deluxe Edition Led Zep remasters
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:05 pm 

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/news/2014/03/13/first-three-albums-newly-remastered-previously-unreleased-companion-audio
I, II, & III street date is June 3. This may be old news to some. Anybody else more than a lil excited about this?!

Post subject: Re: 2014 Jimmy Page Deluxe Edition Led Zep remasters
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:57 pm 

When it comes to the Led Zeppelin catalogue, i'll always be an April Fool in the Rain....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:39 pm 

"with each album featuring a second disc of companion audio comprised entirely of unreleased music related to that album."

That sounds amazing! Fingers crossed for some sweet acoustic/mandolin bits.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:40 pm 

Damocles74 wrote:
"with each album featuring a second disc of companion audio comprised entirely of unreleased music related to that album."

That sounds amazing! Fingers crossed for some sweet acoustic/mandolin bits.

Track list details for the first 3 in the link. Hoping to finally have an official Raga version of "Celebration Day" (Or was it "Friends"? Can't remember and my C-sides bootleg cdr is loooooong dead...) on the III Deluxe bonus CD. Planning on getting all 3 DCDs the day of release at my local.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:19 am 

I'm down for this.. Wasn't there already a single released for this? Heard they put out an unreleased track lately,but haven't heard it yet though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:18 pm 

Hmmmm. Not sure. Plenty of yet officially released/alternate versions of tracks on the bonus discs.
I'm esp. curious to see what extras Jimmy Page will include on the Physical Graffiti release. Time will tell....
I'm much more one to mine for past nuggets than go searching for the latest buzz. Well, when it comes to Rock/Metal genres, that is.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:53 am 

I have the first crappy masters versions of Led Zep in my CD collection so this will be interesting.

I think this is the third version of these albums. Am I correct?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:49 pm 

I wish they did that with IV, Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti...those are my favourites. Will probably get I and III if they won't be too expensive. Those albums can still often be found on vinyl for a fair price.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:33 pm 

gritty_fingers wrote:
I have the first crappy masters versions of Led Zep in my CD collection so this will be interesting.

I think this is the third version of these albums. Am I correct?

A question better answered at the stevehoffman forums, but i think you are correct. There was prolly rush job CDs in the 80's, then the '94 Box Set remasters and now these.

Funny how people forget that the LPs had many Mastering jobs/reissues too. In fact people complained loudly about the Robert Ludwig Masters being too Hot and bassy back in the day. I remember reading that RL II's were originally pulled from the shelves in some areas due to complaints and was quickly remastered and repressed. Now those "Hot Stamper" RL copies are hotly contested for on ebay. And yes, i have a few in the collection being the audio nerd that i am. Everything old is new again eventually.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:57 pm 

Here they are! Bonus CD versions. Cannot wait to dig in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:18 pm 

Rad \m/

Anyways I personally can't wait for the Presence remaster discs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:02 am 

I picked up the multiple LP reissues of Led Zep 1 & 2 during the weekend.

They sound great to my ears.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:25 am 

outtakes, and the '69 show that has been available in high quality since the cassette trading days.

Some will say they sound even better, with this release
I don't know enough to say differently. they blew my mind on 8 track when i was a kid.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:43 am 

When I was in high school, there was a guy in my class who had some shitty 70's Nova or something, with LED ZEPPELIN spray painted on the door in huge letters.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:37 am 

So far, very pleased. The mighty drumming of John Bonham has never sounded so crisp and precise before. Looking forward to the rest of the catalog.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:47 pm 

This is prolly my all-time favorite Led Zep recording..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:26 am 

Lamentable that so few of the original Led Zep shows were recorded with anything better than a 4 track. IIRC, Jimmy Page has said in interviews that he has no plans to release any more vintage shows officially. Apparently, he feels the sound quality/performances just aren't there. I can respect that.

Incredible how much material the current Grateful Dead organization is putting out officially for their Dead Head fans. I gotta admit that the newer Dave's Picks series of complete shows that i own/have heard are all absolutely fucking incredible and well worth the coin. The Allmans are following suit too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:17 pm 

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/news/2014/07/29/led-zeppelin-reissues-continue-deluxe-editions-led-zeppelin-iv-and-houses-holy

IV & Houses of the Holy STREET DATE 10-28!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45 pm 

Street Date for Presence, In Through the Out Door & Coda 7/31! Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:23 pm 

libertycaps wrote:
Incredible how much material the current Grateful Dead organization is putting out officially for their Dead Head fans. I gotta admit that the newer Dave's Picks series of complete shows that i own/have heard are all absolutely fucking incredible and well worth the coin. The Allmans are following suit too.

I would love to hear some of the Duane era boots get the treatment that the early Dick's picks got.
Can't remember which vol it was (1 or 2) where they had a detailed description of the whole process of how the tracks were remastered.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:56 pm 

With a band that were such geniuses of song compositions, I can't help but think there HAS to be more demos of Zeppelin songs. I have only half been paying attention to the Zeppelin releases but are there?
I'm interested because I love the demos that Lynyrd Skynyrd did. Those guys were great songwriters and for every one of their polished classic rock radio mega-hits, there is a grittier stripped down demo that is an incredible listen.
I would love to hear that kind of stuff for Zeppelin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:51 pm 

Most of the material on the "Bonus Discs" of these remasters are simply working demos of the finished tracks on the LPs. Page/Plant had the Midas Touch for an entire decade. An incredible artistic achievement in context. For me, the brilliance that is In Through the Out Door (which Page was absent for most of production) is proof positive that Plant was the seminal writer in the band. Not to mention comparing Plant's solo output to Page's.

Coda will have 2 CDs of bonus material. 2 studio tracks(demos) hitherto unrelased except on bootlegs. So in sort: "The-e The The...That's All, Folks!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:59 am 

HORNS wrote:
With a band that were such geniuses of song compositions, I can't help but think there HAS to be more demos of Zeppelin songs. I have only half been paying attention to the Zeppelin releases but are there?

They're all over Youtube. This is probably my most favorite outtake of their's.

So heavy!! I don't care what some people say,they were indeed Metal.

Also Coda is my favorite studio album by them atm. Wearing and Tearing the song is sooo heavy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:14 pm 

God Bless 'Merica.
God Bless unbridled consumerism.
God Bless the good folks at Music Millennium and all the free Led Zep Promo schwag i could talk them out of.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 23 posts ]