Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:42 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 23 of 34   [ 844 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ye Olde Last Show/Next Show Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:08 am 

LAST - Blackwitch Pudding on Saturday. Really goofy band (they all dress up like wizards with bad/awkward stage banter), but extremely heavy (all Hovercraft amps) with real killer chops. They just got back from a month-long tour, so it was great checking them out at this point in time. Old MELVINS style rock.

NEXT - Aforementioned Napalm Death/Voivod show on Thursday. Really looking forward to this one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:08 am 

LAST - Napalm Death, VOIVOD on Thursday. Show of the Year for me so far. VOIVOD was as perfect as I could ever imagine them being. They really exceeded my expectations in every imaginable way. This show was sold out and judging by the crowd reaction, they probably could sell this place out on their own if they ever decided to come back. And Napalm Death as usual fucking crushed. They seem to be a completely reliable KILLING machine because this was the second time I've seen them just bulldoze and one of my buddies I went with that's seen them 10 times or so said they always put on this kind of show!

NEXT - Old Man Gloom, Coliseum and Beast on Saturday (2/28). I've seen OMG a couple of times and would be on the fence about this but "Beast" is the debut of a new band by John Haughm of Agalloch, Daniel Menche and Joe Preston, so I figure this will definitely be worth checking out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:25 pm 

next show is yob and enslaved. after that its om.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:18 am 

LAST - Aforementioned Old Man Gloom show on Saturday. It was sold out, which kind of tripped me out (but I guess it shouldn't at this point). BEAST was pretty cool. Heavy experimental, almost industrial in parts. A good time.

NEXT - Enslaved/YOB/Ecstatic Vision in a week. I'm taking the next day off, so after this show is over with, I'll cruise down near the river to check out Mantar, who have come all the way over from Germany, along with Mutilation Rites. That's the plan at least.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:38 pm 

Last: Black Pussy

Next: Faith No More!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:54 pm 

LAST NIGHT -
Ukiah Drag / Sinister Haze

TONIGHT -
(early) Javla / Misled Youth / Mad Existence / Men's Room
(late) Ilsa / Occultist / Unsacred

TOMORROW -
Stinking Lizaveta / Felix Martin / Dyse / Dumb Waiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:41 am 

Stinking Lizaveta was great and blew the headlining Berklee wanker Felix Martin off the stage (SL has always been big in Richmond, they mentioned that they used to come here so often people thought they were locals, 2/3 of the pretty big crowd left after they played).

LAST NIGHT-
(early) - Leather Daddy / Death Injection / Left Cross
(late) - Yohimbe / Faster Detail / Three Brained Robot / Fake Object

TOMORROW- double noise / experimental shows :
(early) - Little Howlin' Wolf / Hurricanes of Love / Free Girl / Crack Bytch
(late) - Whiskey Bitches / Haybaby / Among The Rocks and Roots / LRKR / Richard Ripper + Brown Piss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:21 pm 

Swervedriver @ Doug Fir tonight!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:02 am 

LAST - LESBIAN and Roland at The Know last night! This was the first official show LESBIAN had with Brad Mowen (Burning Witch, Sweaty Nipples) as their official lead vocalist!!!! It was cool. Brad in my mind is one of the top vocal talents in the PNW. The time on this show was restricted due to the neighborhood restriction on the venue, so I felt I didn't get my EPIC PROG jam from LESBIAN. They only played for like 35 minutes. Roland (San Francisco band) reminded me a lot of KEELHAUL!

NEXT - Hot Victory on Friday.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:04 am 

NEXT - Ufomammut

Gonna be honest and admit going to shows is just not my thing anymore. Takes something really novel to get my ass out. So much music at home to enjoy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:20 pm 

LAST -- Swans a couple weeks ago (and Yob the night before). Amazing.

NEXT -- The Soft Moon tomorrow night. Never seen them before and the new album is great, so I'm really excited for this one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:31 pm 

I'm excited for The Soft Moon as well. It's two-and-a-half weeks away for us. One of the best bands I've discovered over the last two or three years.

LAST - Antaeus and Ritual Necromancy last Wednesday. Fucking brutal!

NEXT - Either D.R.I. or Witch Mountain (brand new lineup) on Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:15 pm 

Last - Pohl, Super Luxury, Ghold, Oozing Wound. Mostly missed Pohl, SL the band was good but the frontman was annoying, chaotic fun. Ghold, first time I'd seen the whole set, bit like Conan all told. OW were fast and fierce, dug it.

Next - Desertfest!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:43 am 

Mr Red wrote:
I'm excited for The Soft Moon as well. It's two-and-a-half weeks away for us. One of the best bands I've discovered over the last two or three years.

You won't be disappointed. Great set list, the live drums added a powerful new dimension, and they played for a solid hour. I had a blast.

Next show: US Christmas next week.... I'm beat so I think I'll be skipping Weedeater tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:20 pm 

Good news about The Soft Moon! I was kind of hoping for a live drummer/drum machine platoon though!

LAST - Electric Wizard and Satan's Satyrs last night. Sold out show in a theater of 700-800(?) capacity. I thought E Wiz was one of the most boring bands I've seen in long time and had me questioning my prior judgment/fandom regarding the band. I just think they sort of correctly assessed that they're bestly suited as a studio-only type of band over this last dozen years or so of live inactivity. I actually dig almost all of their albums.

NEXT - Once and Future Band and Motrik tonight. OaFB is ex-Drunk Horse dudes! Fuck yeah!!!

NEXT NEXT - Faith No More tomorrow night.

A string of three shows in three nights. I'm like HH Word over here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:18 am 

LAST - The FNM show last night. It was my favorite show of a pretty busy week! I posted details in the FNM thread on here...

NEXT - YOB, Intronaut, Author & Punisher and Graves at Sea (if I get there on time) next Friday, as part of the annual PDX "Stumpfest".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:59 pm 

Mr Red wrote:
LAST - The FNM show last night. It was my favorite show of a pretty busy week! I posted details in the FNM thread on here...

NEXT - YOB, Intronaut, Author & Punisher and Graves at Sea (if I get there on time) next Friday, as part of the annual PDX "Stumpfest".

You gonna try to get in at the door? What are the chances? I'd like to see the mighty Yob again. Miss. studios is a nice sounding room.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:27 pm 

LAST - The Soft Moon last night at a venue ten blocks from my pad! Pretty fuckin' cool! I had probably the best vantage spot in the venue, getting to see the main man (vocals/guitar/synths/percussion) and their amazing drummer elevated right near the side of the stage. At parts it reminded me of what it might have been like seeing Killing Joke in 1981. Without a doubt, my favorite show of this year.

NEXT - Cavalera Conspiracy, C.O.C.-BLIND and Death Angel on Saturday. I wouldn't go to this if it weren't for the COC deal being on the bill, which is Karl Agell and Reed Mullin from the 'Blind' album, just playing songs from 'Blind'. I've always liked that album a lot, so I'll be cool to check out their takes on these songs. It'll also be interesting to see what the Cavalera's and Death Angel folks are up to. I've heard really good things about DA live, but haven't bothered to check out any of their stuff in like 25 years(?). The Cavalera's will probably be awful, but we should get at least half a dozen classic Sepultura tunes, at least.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:44 am 

Some blazers this week-

DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY-
US Christmas / Generation of Vipers / Sinister Haze / Slowing
Great to see USX back touring, did some of the classic bangers as a four piece with fiddle, Generation of Vipers were pretty great- rock solid noise rock delivered with lockstep intensity, Sinister Haze doing the first night of a US tour and new Richmond band Slowing playing a heavy Crazy Horse style with excellent singing, really good bill.

YESTERDAY-
Today is the Day / Lazer/Wulf / Satan's Satyrs / Doubtfire
Today is the Day is gearing up hard with a new lineup and far-flung touring now featuring members of Hex Machine as the rhythm section- they were heavy duty and I recommend anyone who has ever been interested in TITD to go see them, Lazer/Wulf has visited town a few times in recent times and expressed their appreciation with a fine set of mathy prog metal, Satan's Satyrs just off a month long tour with Electric Wizard threw down- band is really nailing their desired sound, and locals Doubtfire delivered another set of Zorn-ish heavy prog, another great stacked bill

TODAY-
Meatmen / Against the Grain free show

TOMORROW-
Slayer / Testament / Exodus / Suicidal Tendencies cheap radio station festival also featuring a bunch of other bull shit like Papa Roach, Hellyeah and Godsmack

and so on...

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:39 pm 

Clutch mastodon ghost in three days, might have to stay sober for a test. If I challenged that test it won't want none of me, this is my concert, better learn straight. I'll be carried right through that show like I am drunk as hell. Staggering around to the limit.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:09 am 

LAST - Usnea, Eye of Nix, Hiding last night at High Water Mark. This was Usena's warm-up gig before heading East to tour the nation with UFOMAMMUT. They're good. I don't think they quite warrant a spot in front of UFOMAMMUT in like 30 cities, but it isn't my call. Eye of Nix were my favorite band of the night. Sort of that NEUROSIS vibe of the mid-00's of Giant Squid, with a very strong female vocalist, tribal drum/electronics dude playing along with them. Hiding were black metal in vein of Weakling/WiitR. Two songs over around a half-hour. One song was really good, one not-so-good.

NEXT - Going to attempt to see Truckfighters (from Sweden!) on Thursday. Stoner-rock!
If not then -

NEXT - Brothers of the Sonic Cloth and Atriarch on 5/22.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:01 pm 

I missed the clutch mastodon show tonight, thought it was Tuesday, bought my ticket months ago and didn't mark my calendar like I usually do, saw piggy write about it on facebook which I frequent these days now like this past week or two.

It was the only thing I had to do this spring, and buy a plane ticket to psycho California, but figured too many boring bands for that shit and I had a no re-entry ticket, but I'm real busy these days anyway, need to quit the job and just focus on my business and expanding, soon enough. Pleasureville.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:30 pm 

Catching the Columbus stop on the missing link tour, with a driver. Probably missed my friends last night in Pittsburgh, it's where we catch up about business, I'm sure they were there.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:24 am 

LAST - Didn't make the Truckfighters gig last night. I was too beat from work and having to attend a work function afterwards. I DID go see Solstafir on Monday though on a whim and they were very cool. I'll have to check out their records...

NEXT - Brothers of the Sonic Cloth, Atriarch on Friday.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:15 am 

Aren't they playing that festival? I don't know, I see them dork ass sociopaths on the other board are desperate to change history and get themselves noticed, for doing nothing their entire lives. Good luck with that. Their junkie friends getting picked off, and they got shit to say to me? Losers in the corner, no one notices. They can't change the facts. God damn, it's their only outlet that site. Gay curious and shit. Still stalking me. I get guests every day in Youngstown, faggot. Real guests.

Since they're stalking me here, and my twitter, and my band sites. My honeys know me, these cats are lame. They talk shit about this board like theirs is jumping, clones of danno's board, Tagalongs. Running away from their problems. Watch them cry.

Need to see bang! clips for tomorrow, seen eyehategod clip, flipping off the festival crowd. Good guys, bad juju in that crowd though. Maybe hit that Maryland doom fest though, internet wannabes can't just invite themselves there. We have the country. We. Come try it, sociopaths.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 23 of 34   [ 844 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next