Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:50 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 24 of 34   [ 844 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ye Olde Last Show/Next Show Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm 

Nate Hall and Dorthia Cottrell solo acoustic sets this past Thursday. Bonus was getting to hang with Tony Wyioming (Minsk, USX, Mystery Pill, etc) as he was their tour mgr/merch wench. Love that dude.

Saturday was Tame Impala. Tonight I'm seeing Thantifaxath at a bar where the shows are always free. All the major heavy riff food groups have been represented this week.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 pm 

Can Boris or any other Asian bands get permission to play here? I'd like to spin their disc, just asking ahead.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:32 am 

Come on to the Maryland Doom Fest Don, you're right that there won't be any posers there.

Also the Vultures of Volume Fest is coming together for Labor Day weekend, Solace and Elder announced for that one already.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:44 am 

Last-- USX

Next -- Ufomammut/Usnea on Wednesday, Conan/Samothrace/Mantar on Saturday, Portal/Impetuous Ritual (at Deathfest) on Sunday....

Metal week.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:43 am 

NEXT TO LAST - DANAVA, Lebenden Toten at the Blackwater Bar on Thursday. Impromptu last minute show for $5, which quickly sold out. DAVANA fuckin' smoked as usual. We're so lucky to have this band that'll play last second shows like this on the drop of a hat. My favorite Portland band for the last few years running.

LAST - Brothers of the Sonic Cloth and Atriarch last night at Dante's. HEAVY and SLOW was the theme of the night here. The vibe reminded me a lot of my BotSC birthday party show a few years back. Tad Doyle is as big of a sweetheart as he is talented. BotSC added a new guitar player because Tad said he recorded too many guitar parts on their debut album.

NEXT - UFOMAMMUT, Usnea in a couple of weeks unless something pops between now and then.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:39 am 

Last, think was High on Fire.

Next, Elder and Mos Generator.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:16 am 

Last was still desertfest, not had a chance to write up..

Next - could be Earthless on Tuesday but strong chance I won't make it. Shame as BlackBombain are supporting and I'm yet to see them.
Off to a folk festival next weekend, beard stroking, knees up, and acoustic jams galore.
Next confirmed proper one is probably EHG, Elder/Mos Generator a few days later.

What Elder gig you going to tossom?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:06 pm 

dutch gus wrote:
Last was still desertfest, not had a chance to write up..

Next - could be Earthless on Tuesday but strong chance I won't make it. Shame as BlackBombain are supporting and I'm yet to see them.
Off to a folk festival next weekend, beard stroking, knees up, and acoustic jams galore.
Next confirmed proper one is probably EHG, Elder/Mos Generator a few days later.

What Elder gig you going to tossom?

Hi Gus, seeing them in Bannermans in Edinburgh on the 1st of July.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:37 pm 

There was like 6,000 people at the clutch mastodon graveyard show yesterday, pain standing most of the time being out of shape, but serving one of the same beers I was drinking on the way down indemnified me. Good flavor, no one there was buying good beer hardly at all. I don't cheat on my beer.

Man Columbus is so nice, been a long time, but 20 miles out is all farms and no cell service, but my friend's Netflix worked fine. The new faith passed my high driving test. Haven't bought a clutch, mastodon, high on fire cd in over a decade, but faith is a must. Although a couple of the clutch albums have been great, never bought my own copy.

We have the same moderators here, right? I won't get menacing private messages will I? Or the owners covering their dork tracks eyefucking me with smiles in Pittsburgh, or every troll coming out to play the moment I tell them I'll never give financial advice to stoner rock message boarders when they asked. They can try to be me, they never learn what back I got so fuck them.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:18 pm 

this summer is going to be a religious experience. so far i have tickets to OM, high on fire, and neurosis.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:17 pm 

Truckfighters/Floating Goat last week

Ufomammut next week!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:32 am 

I only see famous shows. The rest are poor, ugly trolls, covering their dork tracks. Using me, useless themselves, and oblivious the whole time, flattering themselves. Makes us no difference at all, we keep rocking and they keep intruding.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:41 pm 

Looks like i'm seeing Scott Weiland tonight and next is probably Andrew WK and or Jane's Addiction.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:06 pm 

I see through trolls on the other board are trolling over here and anywhere for my whereabouts, they took away my ignore capabilities or every one of their posts in a row would be ignored still. They got nothing to do with anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:25 pm 

LAST- VALKYRIE / INTER ARMA / BATTLEMASTER

Great to see Valkyrie hitting the national scene for real, such a fantastic band, can't see anyone watching these guys play and not digging it. Make sure you check them out if they come to your area. Inter Arma also at a crest these days, and Battlemaster displayed their decade-plus master hand at metal, their vocalist Andy Horn recently filled in for Skeletonwitch on a European tour, dude has serious abilities.

NEXT - TO LIVE AND SHAVE IN L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:59 pm 

CL Final then MAMMOTH UFO Saturday! I'll be watching both more or less as a Neutral. Heh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:52 pm 

Next: Fu Manchu playing King of the Road in a shitty sweatbox in mid July. I really wish this was booked in a better venue. This is one of PDX's worst. Esp. if the show is gonna be packed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:07 pm 

libertycaps wrote:
Next: Fu Manchu playing King of the Road in a shitty sweatbox in mid July. I really wish this was booked in a better venue. This is one of PDX's worst. Esp. if the show is gonna be packed.

I saw them on that tour. It was righteous.

I may try to catch Aeges next week, they're playing with Local H. Not big into Local H, though I saw them once in the 90's, and they weren't bad live at all.

I'm planning on taking a vacation in August. For that week, I've got both Neurosis, and the Hum/Failure show lined up....

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:25 am 

Next - 8/15 ....Just bought my Failure/Hum tix for Boston. Still boggles my mind I'm going to see Hum & Failure play together.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:10 pm 

Dnice wrote:
Next - 8/15 ....Just bought my Failure/Hum tix for Boston. Still boggles my mind I'm going to see Hum & Failure play together.

I've got to get my tickets as well. RalphSnart and I are DEFINITELY going, we'll see who else is down like a clown for that....

I think I'm going to pass on the Aeges/Local H. It's a Wednesday night, and I have to work at 9AM the next day. If I'd known sooner, I could have taken some time off around it....

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:03 am 

Tonight, stinking Lizaveta, next week melvins, coming up soon karma to burn, Weedeater, bitchwax, Keelhaul. I missed fu manchu twice this spring and I'm pissed. But I can't get a better summer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:34 pm 

LAST - UFOMAMMUT a couple weeks back. Ruled.

NEXT - Agalloch tonight, heading down now. I actually bought a ticket to see them in Seattle on Wednesday, but got in too late from the ballgame. They were completely done by 11:15 PM, which is kind of ridiculous.. I went to the same place the next night and heard Goatwhore playing from the next room/back=bar.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:45 am 

NEXT to LAST - That Agalloch show that was really great! It is amazing how far this band gone in a their live presentation since the early days I originally saw them in (2002-03 ish?). I can totally see how a generation of metal kids behind me have complete devotion to them. Seeing them now is probably similar to me seeing NEUROSIS at the end of the 90's. Or ISIS for the kids that came five-ten years after that.

LAST - Sannhet and King Woman tonight. The bands got written up as the cutting edge/progressive things happening in metal now, but I wasn't feeling either. Don't trust anyone under 40 years old as far as metal goes, I guess. Sannhet had a good drummer, but they were basically Pelican with black metal/speedy parts. I'd slot King Woman as a "loud" indie rock band. They had a couple of doomy songs that might fall into something in the invented "Occult Rock" bullshit you hear about with a female singer, but there were no real good riffs to sink your teeth into. I also didn't get into the gal singing at all; whiny, bad voice, etc.

NEXT - Melt Banana, Torche, House of Lightning, Nasalrod on Thursday. Looking the most forward to House of Lightning. Haven't heard a stitch of their music, but it'll be good to know what Henry has been up to. Torche and Melt Banana should put on good shows. I remember Melt Banana having one shit-hot show I've seen at some point (I've probably seen them three or four times?).

NEXT NEXT - TRANS AM and Hot Victory on July 5th. TRANS AM always kills it, so this is probably the show I'm looking forward to the most.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:43 am 

Not so fast. Jesus.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:01 pm 

Last- Ecstatic Vision. Put on a cool set, not long enough for my tastes but they had to make way for headliner Creepoid.

Next- probably The Melvins. Haven't seen them in a bunch of years (since that tour they did with Unsane) and I hear Jeff Pinkus is on bass. I was tired of seeing them with the Big Business guys.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 24 of 34   [ 844 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next