Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:14 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Bill Hicks Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:46 am 

The new documentary is amazing. Some really sweet new material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vh1dEMN ... re=related

Post subject: Re: Bill Hicks Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:27 pm 

Very cool. On part 2 now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:49 pm 

Saw this a few weeks ago.
Best doco on Mr Hicks so far. :-)

highly recommended.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:33 pm 

thanks for posting the YouTube link

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:51 pm 

Does anyone know the guy who does the "I'm it" skit and if he's released any easily accessible material? fucking hilarious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:10 pm 

I wasn't a fan of his documentary although I heard a bigger one is in the works where russel crowe may be playing him. I recently discovered the extent of the work which Leary stole from Hicks and it's quite embarrassing how people can't see the obvious connections which Leary stole from Hicks. Not only is it the manner of fax anger and smoking but it's almost the verbatim of jokes and observations which couldn't be coincidental. There is no way. Check it out yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INarE1WraFA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:10 pm 

stonetoroll wrote:
Does anyone know the guy who does the "I'm it" skit and if he's released any easily accessible material? fucking hilarious

can you describe the skit beyond that? or is it in the doc? i don't have the time to watch it until the weekend, but i might know the answer to this. or not. i'm not sure why i'm posting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:14 pm 

Thanks for posting this. I haven't seen it yet and am stoked to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:16 pm 

I've had good times on drugs that's a fact, and I've had bad times on drugs too ok, but I have had good and bad relationships aaaand I'm not givin' up pussy. Hi I'm Bill and I'm a pussyholic, I like the way it smeeelllls, I love the way it tastes. You're in the right place man keep comin' back, we're all powerless against pussy here. Cool y'all got any literature? Yeah here's a Penthouse. ... Ya ever read those Penthouse letters? Pretty weird, Penthouse Forum... "I never believed your letters were true, 'til I attended a mid-west college in the south east. On the first day of class I went to uh, the first class and the class was me n' .... 30 girls, 30 girls and me, 30 girls and the teacher was a woman too, n' me. And class began normally when the bell rang and right after that they uh, they all started blowin' me, yeah they were all blowin' me, they got in a big line and blew me and they got in a big daisy chain and I shot on their tits and they ate it up off each others tits" *name and address withheld* Guys we all know if that happened to us we'd put our fuckin' names on that letter. BILL HICKS NY, NY *name and address NOT withheld* BILL HICKS 30 girls blew me BILL HICKS big daisy chain BILL HICKS was in the middle BILL HICKS shot on their tits BILL HICKS watched 'em eat it upBILL HICKS *name and address not withheld* BILL HICKS .... Jiiiminy crickets man you guys are tight... tighter than uh... that girl I'm seein' AHA HAHA ha HA! A wisp of cotton candy surrounding a paper cut, awwwwww I'm proud of that image, that's poetry friends.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:32 am 

strangelight wrote:
can you describe the skit beyond that? or is it in the doc? i don't have the time to watch it until the weekend, but i might know the answer to this. or not. i'm not sure why i'm posting.

It's the skit in the documentary at the beginning of the sane man recording. It's probably really obvious, but I haven't looked. It's along the lines of "I am it. I have always been it, I've always had it and I will never lose it. When I was a kid other kids used to come up to me and say 'tag you're it' and I'd always say 'son... you're damn right'"

Ouch that Denis Leary guy is struggling for laughs. Over in the UK Hicks' material resurfaces quite a lot. One old and failed comedian on a low budget BBC comedy competition word for word copied Hicks' "how do you know about weapons of mass destruction? we looked at the receipt". To which Russell Brand (the presenter) congratulated him on the Hicks' material.

Decent comedians must know about his stuff, but as he's sometimes a bit much for general public consumption they just water it down. And the fact that it's still very relevant.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]