Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 73 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Biker gets what he deserves
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:41 pm 

True Dat

Post subject: Re: Biker gets what he deserves
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:13 pm 

My hatred of bikers stems from my time in Philly where they never followed the same rules as the cars. Red Light….didn’t apply to them. Stop sign….didn’t apply to them. Turn at a four way stop….they just went and didn’t worry about whose turn it was. Driving in the middle of the road…sure why not, no need to keep as far right as possible. Shit drove me crazy, especially since they were cognizant of what they were doing and knew they could get away with it because what could any sane driver do? They weren’t going to hit them.

What I see in that video is a biker that is driving far in the middle of the road and purposely going out of his way to block the progress of the bus. When the bus makes a move to the right to pass, so did the biker. While I don’t think the bus driver was right for what he did I do think the biker got what was coming to him. Shit happens when you antagonize others.

And drivers do suck. I don’t have too many issues with bikers here, it’s the drivers that drive me crazy. Nothing brings out the fury than all these bastards who drive in the fast, passing lane going slower than the posted speed limit. That’s what the right lane is for.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:31 pm 

no the right lane is for going the posted speed limit. if you cant at least do the posted speed limit then you shoudnt be driving. people that go 45 on the fucking lie get on my fucking nerves. you can go 73 before you will get pulled and you have morons in the fucking hov going fucking 45

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:36 pm 

Demon Lung wrote:
no the right lane is for going the posted speed limit. if you cant at least do the posted speed limit then you shoudnt be driving.

I could definitely get behind that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:02 pm 

Riding a bike in any city is dangerous, mostly because of inattentive drivers. You kind of have to be ultra-aggressive and make your presence known. At least the asshole in the SUV honking at you knows you're there.

If you blow through a red light and get hit then yeah, that's your own fault. But for most cyclists, avoiding getting hit by a car or truck is their major M.O.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:12 pm 

MILLION MAN wrote:
Riding a bike in any city is dangerous, mostly because of inattentive drivers. You kind of have to be ultra-aggressive and make your presence known. At least the asshole in the SUV honking at you knows you're there.

If you blow through a red light and get hit then yeah, that's your own fault. But for most cyclists, avoiding getting hit by a car or truck is their major M.O.

most nyc cabbies are from africa or the middle east. they are the worst drivers in the world

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:42 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:03 am 

wot the funk is a rice rocket?

Adam wrote:

What I see in that video is a biker that is driving far in the middle of the road and purposely going out of his way to block the progress of the bus. When the bus makes a move to the right to pass, so did the biker. While I don’t think the bus driver was right for what he did I do think the biker got what was coming to him. Shit happens when you antagonize others.

Given that the bus driver has (ok not in that video clip) just demonstrated that he's a shit and rude driver the guy on the bike is trying to ensure his safety by keeping the bus behind him. I ride that stretch of road about once a week and there's a set of traffic lights about forty metres further up the road out of shot that the bus would most likely have had to stop at anyway. This is not a 'move to pass', it's assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder.
How the bastard got away with dangerous driving is beyond me.

The difference between people cycling recklessly or annoyingly and people driving motor vehicles badly is that one of those groups is doing so in a big metal box that can kill people.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 am 

I thought I already explained it well. A rice rocket is a sport motorcycle like a yamaha r1, a Suzuki hyabusa ect

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:17 am 

I always called them a crotch rocket, I now have rice rocket added to my vocab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:23 am 

While I won't deny that there quite a few morons on bicylces the amount of rude idiots in cars/buses/trucks is so much higher. Yes, I am biased since I ride my bicycle almost all year round in this city but the arrogance and ignorance of most drivers makes me want to carry a baseball bat.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 am 

being a pedestrian 90% of the time I have far more hatred for the two-wheeled assholes than the four-wheeled assholes.

witnessing those assholes that ride their bikes when there's snow and ice on the ground wiping out on said snow and ice is one of my greatest pleasures.

fucking scum need to stay the fuck off the sidewalks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:07 am 

dutch gus wrote:
Given that the bus driver has (ok not in that video clip) just demonstrated that he's a shit and rude driver the guy on the bike is trying to ensure his safety by keeping the bus behind him. I ride that stretch of road about once a week and there's a set of traffic lights about forty metres further up the road out of shot that the bus would most likely have had to stop at anyway. This is not a 'move to pass', it's assault with a deadly weapon or attempted murder.

I was taught when you notice a dangerous and/or out of control driver you stay behind them. That allows you to be in control, see what is going on and be defensive in response. That biker putting himself in front of a bus he was concerned about was the wrong play if he was simply trying to ensure his safety, imo. I personally have a hard time believing that was what he was doing, though you're clearly closer to this have a more detailed handle.

The bus driver drove the biker off the road, I am sure he's an ass. Most just think about doing stuff like that, he actually did it. And do people actually think that was a 'move to pass' gone wrong? Or are do people out there just hate bikers enough that the bus driver is getting some leniency?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:44 pm 

Rice Rocket is apparently what a racist calls a Crotch Rocket.

Slow in the passing lane is a Dchamp move.
And he was proud of it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:13 pm 

Jor el wrote:
Rice Rocket is apparently what a racist calls a Crotch Rocket.

Slow in the passing lane is a Dchamp move.
And he was proud of it.

oh wow so now you are going to follow me around and troll me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:35 pm 

It pisses me off when people use the behaviors of a few bad cyclists to justify blanket statements for an entire group. This kind of nonsense is allowed in our car-centric society and is frequently heard in the media (radio shows, newspapers, etc) and conversations everywhere.
My reply: Talk to me when you think all car drivers suck and should be hit by army tanks because some don't follow speed limits, use directionals, come to complete stops and stop signs, etc, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:40 pm 

It's pisses me off when people use the bad behaviors of a few bad drivers exactly how to are saying

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:35 pm 

what was the biker supposed to get, a bunny rabbit? with them teeth gnawing away on his bicycle basket? would that have made him happy? honestly maybe that biker didn't know the bus was there, maybe he had on headphones listening to music that makes him so happy, then bam! out of nowhere people are freaking out. first everyone observes what just happened, then they hit the play button to see it again. imagine seeing it in person how horrific it would have been. he's going to get a settlement and buy a bunch of hookers behind his woman's back, or tell his woman up front so there's less guilt getting it out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 pm 

either way hes getting hookers right?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:19 pm 

Demon Lung wrote:
It's pisses me off when people use the bad behaviors of a few bad drivers exactly how to are saying

What the hell is this supposed to say? ^

Demon Bung, you do an awful lot of trolling to be complaining of others doing it to you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:40 pm 

I'm not trolling. Just stating my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 pm 

Not condoning the bus drivers' behavior. But.... good gawwwd man, look at the line of cars behind that motherfucker.

I'm a bike commuter myself, and even I hate most bicyclists.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:49 am 

Demon Lung wrote:
dutch gus wrote:
Demon Lung wrote:
What gets me is the guys on the rice rockets that drive down the center while everyone is stopped. I would love to open m door

Why shouldn't they filter through stopped traffic? It's not their fault you're stuck in an inefficient vehicle.
because it is illegal as fuck

not over here, it's actually the wisest thing to do if you don't want to get hit once the traffic starts moving again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:58 am 

Every workday for me comprises a lot of cycling, some of it with my sons in a trailer behind me. The only group of people using the road I haven't had any trouble with are the busdrivers of the public transporation net.
In a busy cite centre I figure if you stay on the side of the road and give way to the biggest horse power all the time you move slow and will get hit. (got hit by cars 3 times already) If you take control, be assertive and communicate you stay up and move fast. Unless you run into a fucking psychopath of course.
Cycling in traffic is actually kinda fun, a big kick to pass all those frustrated fuckers in gridlock ;-p

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:24 pm 

My mom tagged a bicyclist a couple of weeks ago. He was riding through a crosswalk, the wrong direction on a one way street, AND running a red light. After she got over her mild heart attack, it was funny. Got what he deserved.

Fuck that dude.

For the record, I don't hate all bicyclists. Just the ones who want all the same rights as a motor vehicle, but don't want to follow the same rules. Fuck them.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 73 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next