Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 73 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Biker gets what he deserves
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:53 pm 

So did the bus driver...

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/bu ... -news.html

Post subject: Re: Biker gets what he deserves
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:14 pm 

I'll bite. Why did the cyclist deserve this? He/she was taking the lane, which is perfectly legal (and wise in downtown areas).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 pm 

that driver was not expecting a surveillance tape.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:02 pm 

that is pretty fucking epic. i wonder what happened to the guy on the bike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 pm 

I've definitely felt the rage that bus driver was feeling, though don't think a cyclist deserves something like that just for being in the way. Around where I live (which is predominantly one way streets typically wide enough for cars to park on both sides and two cars to drive down the street side by side between them) the bikers make a habit of riding in the middle of the road weaving back and forth to prevent cars from passing them. So its more of an issue of them being pricks than any concern for safety. Of course, a lot of the cyclists around here look to be more the 'not legally allowed to operate a motor vehicle' type rather than people who actually want to be riding a bike.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:33 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:27 am 

That bicyclist is lucky he/she didn't get more than a few fractures to their left arm and hand.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:15 pm 

Reckless driving? That's a load of horseshit. How about attempted manslaughter?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:18 pm 

bau wrote:
Reckless driving? That's a load of horseshit. How about attempted manslaughter?

what country is it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:57 pm 

What did the bicyclist do to deserve getting hit by a fucking BUS?

FUCK THAT RUDE BICYCLIST, KILL HIM WITH A BUS!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:56 pm 

Happened here in Bristol, driver's a fucking nutter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:09 pm 

What gets me is the guys on the rice rockets that drive down the center while everyone is stopped. I would love to open m door

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:49 pm 

The bus driver got what he had coming to him for that but screw that biker too. Too many city bike riders carry this attitude that they can ride however they want, fucking with the traffic, that I appreciate the point the bus driver made, even if the manner of delivery was wrong.

And, to be fair, bike riders here in Denver are generally fine. Probably helps that we have a ton of bike paths. Can't say the same for the bikers back in Philadelphia though, they were the absolute worst.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:34 am 

When I ride, I ride aggressive, and people still fuck with me. I could be doing the speed limit, right along with the cars in residential areas. "GET OUT OF THE ROAD, FAGGOT." People throw bottles, and cigarettes, etc. It's an alternative form of transportation, sure, some cyclists are dicks and don't understand manners. If it's stated that it is a SHARED roadway, it means exactly that. The guy here was obviously impeding a shitload of traffic, but that still did not warrant this reaction.

The FSU cycling team here used to ride down a two lane, canopy road and people would always give them grief. They had small aluminum clubs machined by the FSU engineering department to keep in their cycling pack. If you fuck with those guys, and they catch you at a light, your car got dents, broken windows, flats, and they'd zip off.

Cyclists scare me, and I am one from time to time...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:27 am 

Demon Lung wrote:
What gets me is the guys on the rice rockets that drive down the center while everyone is stopped. I would love to open m door

Nice.
What a prick you are.
I'd love to run a metal door into you at fifteen miles an hour too.

Why shouldn't they filter through stopped traffic? It's not their fault you're stuck in an inefficient vehicle.

In this case the cyclist was not 'fucking with traffic', the bus had just cut him up at the roundabout, when he had words with the driver about his road positioning he received aggressive abuse, so set off defensively holding his lane to stop the driver cutting him up or pushing him to the curb. The driver clearly lost the plot and decided it was fine to attack a squishy human with a few tonnes of bus. I'm mostly shocked he only got a 17 month sentence - he'll be out by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 am 

dutch gus wrote:
Demon Lung wrote:

Why shouldn't they filter through stopped traffic? It's not their fault you're stuck in an inefficient vehicle.
because it is illegal as fuck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:35 am 

Hang on, I appreciate road rules may be different your side of the water, but we're talking about people on bicycles filtering through stopped traffic yes?

Definitely not illegal here, just seems to be a particular source of frustration for stressed-out people in cars.
If it's illegal then I suggest you contact your local police and ask them to take action against it, rather than offering violence.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:59 am 

dutch gus wrote:
Hang on, I appreciate road rules may be different your side of the water, but we're talking about people on bicycles filtering through stopped traffic yes?

Definitely not illegal here, just seems to be a particular source of frustration for stressed-out people in cars.
If it's illegal then I suggest you contact your local police and ask them to take action against it, rather than offering violence.

I clearly said rice rockets in my statement. Like a triumph not a huffy. We have a lot of bike lanes here. And yes people on bikes riding in the road supposedly have to follow the same traffic laws. It doesn't work that way of course. At least not around here

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 pm 

I don't really mind that if there's enough room, kind of a nice advantage of a motorbike over a car but I'd get shitty if they hit my car at all which some of the scooters delivering pizzas sometimes do in London, but that's mainly because they can't ride for shit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:14 pm 

Mindzap wrote:
I don't really mind that if there's enough room, kind of a nice advantage of a motorbike over a car but I'd get shitty if they hit my car at all which some of the scooters delivering pizzas sometimes do in London, but that's mainly because they can't ride for shit

anyone that rides a bike in nyc has a deathwish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:21 pm 

Lane splitting on a motorcycle is perfectly legal in California. In fact it's the reason many people switch to riding motorcycles to work.

The premise of this thread is retarded. No one -- not even the most annoying capri pants wearing fixie-activist -- deserves to be hit by a bus. Any more than your mom deserves to be gang-raped by escaped convicts. Does your mom deserve to be gang-raped by escaped convicts?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:42 pm 

MILLION MAN wrote:
Lane splitting on a motorcycle is perfectly legal in California. In fact it's the reason many people switch to riding motorcycles to work.

The premise of this thread is retarded. No one -- not even the most annoying capri pants wearing fixie-activist -- deserves to be hit by a bus. Any more than your mom deserves to be gang-raped by escaped convicts. Does your mom deserve to be gang-raped by escaped convicts?

is cali one of those states with no helmet laws? it suprises me that they allow lane splitting. cali is the worst state to drive in with a big rig. they are big rig nazis tbh. that scale on I10 in banning is the worst scale in the united states. they have been sued and lost for the backups they used to cause there. then there is the no idling law. californians really are lucky that all truckers dont refuse to drive in their state. everyone that i know thats driving for more than 5 years refuse all loads to california. and cali is the only place that people think it is ok to flash their lights at a trucker before passing him. this is not ok and all it does is piss the trucker off. ive cut people of before for doing that bullshit to me. i can see you back there trying to pass and i will slow down so you can pass quicker. dont flash your fucking brights at me. how would you like it if i flashed my brights at you? sorry about the rant but million talking about california traffic lawsgot me started.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:23 pm 

Demon Lung wrote:
dutch gus wrote:
Demon Lung wrote:

because it is illegal as fuck

That's your reason, weed smoker ? You just hate that you're stuck while someone else rolls on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:25 pm 

Anyone who thinks that cyclist got what he deserves will then understand if I blacken your eye for bumping into me in a crowd.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:35 pm 

Yeah, the idea that the cyclist got what he deserves is ultra retarded. Why? Because he chooses to use an alternate form of transportation and that annoys people who drive cars?

The deal is, while some cyclists can be annoying pricks, the law clearly states that they have the same rights and obligations as a person in a car does. And as far as being an annoying pricks, the majority of people that drive cars are just as bad (if not worse).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 73 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next