Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 15   [ 351 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Black Pyramid is dead, long live Black Pyramid
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:50 pm 

JkFlesh wrote:

The cognitive dissonance and erratic behavior seem to have significantly increased in the past couple weeks.

In all seriousness, I'm a bit worried about the guy.

I concur.

I've always thought the Dinger to be pretty spot-on, knowledgeable, and humorous. His posts were to the point and easy to read. A lot of the stuff he's posted in the last month or two is fuckin' bananas, man.

Hopefully he's just out shopping for a Yacht.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:00 pm 

I can't tell if the half-baked philosophy represents some kind of spiritual turn, is the product of a mental breakdown, a drug binge, or some combination of the above. Making a big change like quitting a band he's played with for several years only feeds into it, as if he's making a gesture of commitment to this new path he's chosen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:26 pm 

those fucking bath salts will get you.\

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:45 pm 

i've already addressed andy on the other site, just stopping in to say that i've already downloaded stormbringer illegally, and am listening now. going to give it a full listen before commenting.

"i'll be thinking about that while i'm pissing on your grave" - clint eastwood in some movie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:55 pm 

Sorry to hear, man. What was the reason? Black Pyramid has some good shit. I've quit my own band/ project a few months ago, too.

For what it's worth, if Andy's burned out, I was somewhat burnt out, too. It's a tough go of it these days. I don't want to get into it too much other than that you realize alot of things that sometimes you don't really want to admit to yourself. But the important thing is that you look back and that you did it your way--so many bands and musicians "make it", but they never made the music that they wanted to make. While it's easy to disown something that maybe brought one more anguish in the end, I don't think that anyone ever sees anything totally objectively in the eye of the hurricane until there's some distance from it.

Maybe Andy just needs some distance--it's easy to feel like you've devoted your whole life to music and that it stabs you in the back, but that's extra importance to not have music be just the be all, end all. It's just entertainment in the end. It used to rile me up, but putting that perspective in that music is just entertainment, helps to keep some perspective. When music wasn't 100 percent of my life, I re-discovered some old passions--cars, horsepower and other things that i'd forgot about.

If you don't post on here again Andy, that would be too bad. But if you do read this, hopefully you can take some good advice from someone that's been down that road.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:47 pm 

GodShifter wrote:
Dude, he's totally pulling a Peter Green/Jeremy Spencer. Totally.

Totally! Too bad Gary Moore isn't still alive to buy Andy's Les Paul.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:57 pm 

Now that I think of it, this situation reminds me more of when Jamie Muir left King Crimson not long after recording Lark's Tounge. He had some sort of spiritual awakening and abruptly quit the band and making music altogether.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:05 pm 

Do the fans and friends "deserve" better than a mysterious kiss-off, or does Andy "deserve" a little more respect from the scene and some guys he's talked music and life with for years? Who is the "entitled" party here, if any?

People are going to go their own way. I for one don't really hold people "accountable" or assume they owe me an explanation if it's something they feel that strongly about. But hey, there's no wrong opinion I guess, you can look at it a lot of ways without even knowing all the reasons. Everybody's perspective may be valid, but it's unlikely to change the situation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:08 pm 

RalphSnart wrote:
Do the fans and friends "deserve" better than a mysterious kiss-off, or does Andy "deserve" a little more respect from the scene and some guys he's talked music and life with for years? Who is the "entitled" party here, if any?

People are going to go their own way. I for one don't really hold people "accountable" or assume they owe me an explanation if it's something they feel that strongly about. But hey, there's no wrong opinion I guess, you can look at it a lot of ways without even knowing all the reasons. Everybody's perspective may be valid, but it's unlikely to change the situation.

So what you're saying is that the paths are infinite, and all are truly at fault/not at fault? Thank you brother, and I love you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:11 pm 

Perhaps, Ralph, but if someone wants to make an exit they can always do so without any fanfare whatsoever. If someone (Andy) chooses to make a public announcement about it, then they open themselves for scrutiny, jabs, pointed remarks, and so forth.

There's always a graceful way to depart, if one chooses, and, if not, they kind of have to take the consequences for making that decision, too.

I hope Andy is making good decisions and doesn't live to regret making the ones he is now. But the good thing is, life is long (to a degree), memorys are short, and there is, almost always, a second chance for everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:14 pm 

We'll leave the Obelisk key under the mat, just in case.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:14 pm 

well, i enjoy the new album quite a bit. a dose of what you love from them along with a touch of something else that turns out to be pretty good. you'll see what i mean when you hear it

"i'll be thinking about that while i'm pissing on your grave" - clint eastwood in some movie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 pm 

"Sunshine. I've decided to think about you really hard. I'm going to attempt to expose you to the people around you. I want them all to see what you really are. Get ready.. for.. a ... change..."

People can't compare Andy to Justin, as Dinger has never left us with gems such as the above.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:50 pm 

RalphSnart wrote:
"Sunshine. I've decided to think about you really hard. I'm going to attempt to expose you to the people around you. I want them all to see what you really are. Get ready.. for.. a ... change..."

People can't compare Andy to Justin, as Dinger has never left us with gems such as the above.

LOL! This.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:51 pm 

ha, yeah he really showed me...if i remember correctly, that was one of his 72 -84 hour meth benders that produced a lot of "material" like that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:08 pm 

sunnshine wrote:
i've already addressed andy on the other site, just stopping in to say that i've already downloaded stormbringer illegally, and am listening now. going to give it a full listen before commenting.

dude stormbringer is not the new black pyramid album.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 pm 

I like The Sword. I like this album. I like this album cover. I almost shit my pants for the past 4 mornings in a row. I am going to masturbate. SOON. SOON I SHALL MASTURBATE.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:27 pm 

it isn't? well, it's the one i just got.

edit: probably because i didn't have it previously, and i got it here and didn't read closely:

http://malangfree.web.id/03092011/black-pyramid-2011-stormbringer.php

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 pm 

sunnshine wrote:
it isn't? well, it's the one i just got.

edit: probably because i didn't have it previously, and i got it here and didn't read closely:

http://malangfree.web.id/03092011/black-pyramid-2011-stormbringer.php

That's a collection of our singles, ep's and whatnot.

The new album is being mastered at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:55 pm 

Iron Krullet wrote:
"On September 6, 2011, Black Pyramid was sucked into the void..."

That made me chuckle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:55 pm 

that's pretty good for being a "collection". better than a some new releases i've heard lately, for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:18 pm 

I liked Black Pyramid and was sad to hear they split. If they get it together and want to play more rock I will continue to buy their music. If they don't, I will still continue to think of them as dudes who were, to some small degree, kindred spirits in the love of riffs and good times.

But reading this thread feels a little like when you would drunkenly sleep with someone in college a couple of times, and they would make a big show of dumping you, calling you over and over again trying to find 'closure', getting more and more bewildered when you don't seem all that torn up.

Thanks for the records. See you around. Seriously, no need to worry about us. No really. In fact, we have been spending a lot of time with Elder recently.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:53 am 

Vanrocker wrote:
But reading this thread feels a little like when you would drunkenly sleep with someone in college a couple of times, and they would make a big show of dumping you, calling you over and over again trying to find 'closure', getting more and more bewildered when you don't seem all that torn up.

The thread at sr.lives has gone into even more bizarre territory, like down the fucking rabbit hole weird. One of the strangest since the colapse of the old board, which had some doozies mind you. It's a rather uncomfortable read, truth be told. The debacle is neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned, but the whole thing smacks of something forced and feigned in my opinion. I could state my perceptions, but they would change nothing & are thus irrelevant. For that matter not even the real reason matters in the end, fans' objections notwithstanding. Andy's his own man who can, and obviously will, do what he chooses to do. Whether he's truly following his heart or not is ultimately for he alone to determine, and the fruits of his decision will be his foremost to behold.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:35 am 

What a shit fucking thread. Who gives a shit about Black Pyramid or that superfluous Dinger cunt?

Jesus saladtossing Chrost.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:40 am 

Jötun wrote:
Vanrocker wrote:

The thread at sr.lives has gone into even more bizarre territory, like down the fucking rabbit hole weird. One of the strangest since the colapse of the old board, which had some doozies mind you. It's a rather uncomfortable read, truth be told. The debacle is neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned, but the whole thing smacks of something forced and feigned in my opinion. I could state my perceptions, but they would change nothing & are thus irrelevant. For that matter not even the real reason matters in the end, fans' objections notwithstanding. Andy's his own man who can, and obviously will, do what he chooses to do. Whether he's truly following his heart or not is ultimately for he alone to determine, and the fruits of his decision will be his foremost to behold.

The addition of MissKitty desperately trying to replace Andy in Black Pyramid gives it that extra special something. Don't ya think?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 15   [ 351 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next