Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Judas Priest announce farewell tour
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:07 am 

I'm pretty skeptical of anything these guys do anymore, but this will be apparently the last shot to see these heavy metal legends.

"After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking their very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST - one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, have announced this will be their final world tour!!

However, the mighty PRIEST will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive EPITAPH tour - hitting all the major cities throughout the world they will be playing the songs that helped make the name JUDAS PRIEST synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all their fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is JUDAS PRIEST!

JUDAS PRIEST will be starting their world tour in Europe - we have just confirmed the following festivals for 2011 -

9th June Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden
11th June Sauna Festival, Finland
17th June Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark
19th June Hellfest, Nantes, France
22nd June Gods of Metal Festival, Milan, Italy
25th June Graspop Festival, Belgium
23rd July HIgh Voltage Festival, London, UK
5th August Wacken Festival, Germany

Stay tuned as we announce more dates - information will be forthcoming soon - so start getting prepared to rock one final time with the incomparable JUDAS PRIEST!!"

Post subject: Re: Judas Priest announce farewell tour
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:19 am 

I hope they are not doing it the Kiss-way.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:21 am 

I think Schweineken Music Hall last year was barely half full when they played there almost two years ago. And they had Megadeth supporting them.

I'll see them at Hellfest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:27 am 

I hate to say this but they were absolute crap the last time I saw them at Graspop (the Nostradamus tour). Hopefully next year will be better.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm 

i should go to this, i've never seen judas priest live. i've seen maiden a few times, and sabbath with dio (not ozzy), but i haven't seen priest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:11 pm 

Damn. I was hoping they still had a few more years in them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:00 am 

frobbert wrote:
I hate to say this but they were absolute crap the last time I saw them at Graspop (the Nostradamus tour). Hopefully next year will be better.

Yeah, they really weren't too hot when I saw them in 2005, especially compared to the shows in the 80s I saw, but this is apparently gonna be our last chance.

They didn't even hit Portland on the last tour cycle, so I'm curious who, where, when they go out. It would be cool if they could put some type of package together like that Priest/Sabbath/Motorhead/Testament deal in 2008.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:27 pm 

I was always pretty blown away about how they existed in the early 70's and had hit their real legitimate stride many years into their career, starting out as a more Deep Purple/ bluesy hard rock band and morphing into perhaps the main influence and starting point for NWOBHM. Nowadays, people expect bands to put out their best stuff and come out swinging, but i'd always thought that was a pretty cool example of a band getting much better over the course of time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:40 am 

It really is struck on me that they were the product of major label development and vision and we've lost that. There is no way they would have continued on the arc that they went on in the 70s if their label hadn't been patient and stuck with them. Nowadays, a band couldn't afford to stick with it long enough to hone their identity/craft and would either fall into whatever trend would allow them to tour/get out to be seen by audiences, toil in obscurity or quit entirely. It sucks that we've lost that. Mastodon is probably the last band we've seen that has been given this sort of leash and even then, it took them a couple of albums for them to get their wheels underneath them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:48 am 

JP died along time ago..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:22 am 

Mr Red wrote:
It really is struck on me that they were the product of major label development and vision and we've lost that. There is no way they would have continued on the arc that they went on in the 70s if their label hadn't been patient and stuck with them. Nowadays, a band couldn't afford to stick with it long enough to hone their identity/craft and would either fall into whatever trend would allow them to tour/get out to be seen by audiences, toil in obscurity or quit entirely. It sucks that we've lost that. Mastodon is probably the last band we've seen that has been given this sort of leash and even then, it took them a couple of albums for them to get their wheels underneath them.

Totally....that is something that I guess I was trying to say in my above post, inadvertently.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]