Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:08 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]
 Post subject: Deflategate is the most important thing happening in the ent
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:58 pm 

ire world.

I think we can all agree on this. As a semi-serious Patriots fan, I'm fairly butthurt. The Pats have already lost the Super Bowl regardless of the outcome of the game. If they win, the national sentiment will be that they're cheaters who don't deserve a trophy. If they lose, people will feel that justice was served whether or not they really cheated.

Belichick's tour de force press conference denying any wrong-doing while throwing in a My Cousin Vinny reference will undoubtedly be remembered as being more compelling than the actual game.

Last edited by Josh on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Deflategate is the most important thing happening in the
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

The Northeast snowfall is probably what's most important to the Ents right now. Trees take a very long time to consider things, and I don't think that talks about the air pressure of a football would be worthy of a gathering.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:18 am 

Marshall law for a few inches of snow, and my job has been telling me that N.Y. state has the most retarded politicians in the country I can't fucking stand their politicians, the dumbest fucks on earth and know it in the backs of their minds. You people just take it from them politicians. I see traders hitching they went too far, and Apple reports tomorrow, the biggest company in the world, large enough to make your pathetic politicians answer to the world.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:06 am 

The first couple days after this shit started up, it wasn't gaining a lot of traction. ESPN had that serious music playing and a nice collection of sound bites but the general attitude of the talking heads and ex-players was that it was much ado about nothing.

Then, because there's a two week break between the Conference Championship games and the Super Bowl, and we are working in a 24 hour a day news cycle, they along with every newspaper and every sports blogger in his computer chair in shit stained tighty whiteys...they decided to keep pushing it.

Now, even though the evidence shows that it made no difference in the outcome of the game, we have to listen to this garbage all day. Textbook example of a media-created monster.

Me, I've just been watching a lot of basketball.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:55 pm 

I knew the second the story came out this was going to be THE BIGGEST STORY EVAAR in sports until the next one. Like you said, there's a two week build up to the Super Bowl and the media horde has to have something to talk about. There HAS to be a storyline no matter how lame (e.g., a longtime player announced he's retiring after the Super Bowl, two brothers playing against each other in the Super Bowl, one of the starting quarterbacks playing in the Super Bowl was bagging groceries not long ago, ect.) and nothing could have made the media happier than a story like this because it actually gets a strong reaction out of the NFL fanbase.

"The Patriots are cheating fuckheads! Ban Belichick! Suspend Brady!!"

"Fuck you! Gronkowski fucked your mah in a cah in Havahd Yahd!!!"

It's a pehfect stahm for people in the media and the people who seem to care about sports talk radio/tv more than actually watching games, but I think for people who actually like to watch the game it's a distraction.

Last edited by Josh on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:59 pm 

Reading my last post has only re-enforced my opinion that the NFL is a lot closer to being the WWE than most would admit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:06 pm 

I'm just glad the Broncos didn't get the chance to lose to the Pats. The unending watershed of bullshit would be amplified from people I know. I hate both sides of this argument, from "Ban Belichick!" to "Haters gonna hate."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:15 pm 

Crutch wrote:
I'm just glad the Broncos didn't get the chance to lose to the Pats. The unending watershed of bullshit would be amplified from people I know. I hate both sides of this argument, from "Ban Belichick!" to "Haters gonna hate."

True. Plus, even though I'm not allowed by Commonwealth law to like any quarterback whose last name is Manning, it would've been a real downer if Peyton's head popped off or something really bad happened.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:20 pm 

The best storyline from the whole deflategate soap opera was Belichick throwing Brady under the bus during his first press conference. And the media totally ignored that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:10 pm 

Adam wrote:
The best storyline from the whole deflategate soap opera was Belichick throwing Brady under the bus during his first press conference. And the media totally ignored that.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. He basically said, "Ask Tom. He knows more about this than I do."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:25 pm 

I should have added that Deflategate is also especially convenient for the league because it has totally distracted everyone from the serious controversies that plague the NFL right now, like (alleged) murderers, spousal and child abuse, what they've known about the long term effects of concussions, ect.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:51 pm 

I can see a universe where Goodell gets a chance to take some badly needed "moral high ground" and strip the Pats. That goes against Goodell's history, but I think he would enjoy the opportunity to save some face and kick the Pats in the balls for a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:33 pm 

the NFL has been a joke for at least the past 5 years. the only game that i saw this season was the super bowl. it killed me to watch that because i really dont want to give those dirtbags ratings. it was more of a show than it was a game. with the ending like it was im wondering if someone from high up in the league made them throw the ball. being the NFL is a total farce i wouldnt be suprised.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:52 pm 

I've watched 2 NFL games this season: The Packers/Seahawks and the SB, but only in furthering the cause of a "Rome in decay" type mind set about the whole charade/NFL. IT.WAS.AWESOME. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:41 pm 

The game actually did manage to be more interesting than Deflategate and the various conspiracy theories it spawned BY SPAWNING NEW CONSPIRACY THEORIES!! Nice work, Pete Carroll! Whoever said you did nothing for the Patriots (when you were their coach) owes you an apology and a hearty thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:38 pm 

Tom Brady gets Deflategate tossed out. Justice is served. All is right with America. Schools are closed today. Thank you, President Obama.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:06 pm 

I live 15 minutes from Gillette Stadium, and am not a Patriots fan, and have gradually gotten more and more tired of the unspoken entitled arrogance of the organization which starts top down (which is essentially an extension of the Boston 'charm') Kraft did grow up in Brookline, MA....all that being said, Roger Goodell and his NFL gang can eat a steaming bag of dicks. The right group won this one. The most mismanaged non issue of our generation.

Almost makes me want to root for the Pats this season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:36 am 

ESPN can't say they didn't report the 20 rapists busted in the nfl this year. Fantasy football is like the only way fans can get ahead in life it seems.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:35 am 

Dnice wrote:
I live 15 minutes from Gillette Stadium, and am not a Patriots fan, and have gradually gotten more and more tired of the unspoken entitled arrogance of the organization which starts top down (which is essentially an extension of the Boston 'charm') Kraft did grow up in Brookline, MA....all that being said, Roger Goodell and his NFL gang can eat a steaming bag of dicks. The right group won this one. The most mismanaged non issue of our generation.

Almost makes me want to root for the Pats this season.

This pretty much to a word, except the part about rooting for the Pats this season, but this whole "trial" or whatever you want to call it was a complete farce. Hopefully, it'll turn the tide toward ousting Goodell once and for all, as the guy has pieced together a series of incredibly botched decisions over a very short length of time. It's possible he might end up being the worst pro sports Commissioner in my lifetime (right now, it's Bud Selig for me).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:48 pm 

Mr Red wrote:
It's possible he might end up being the worst pro sports Commissioner in my lifetime (right now, it's Bud Selig for me).

Selig is really tought to beat, but yeah; Goodell has to be up there.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]